Do You Know How PRP Hair Treatment Can Work As An Innovative Hair Restoration Technique

Hair Restoration Technique

150

Hair is one of such parts of our physical features, which can very quickly change our entire look. Therefore, we all make sure that we have long and healthy hair to style it up as we wish. However, what happens when you suddenly find that you are losing your hair like anything?

Well, it is undeniable that you will panic and think of opting for treatments that can resolve your problem. Today, we will discuss one of such innovative hair treatments that you can opt for if you are going through acute hair loss.

Needless to say, that you must have already researched different kinds of hair restoration treatments, isn't it? PRP hair treatment is one of the most common hair loss treatments that people prefer nowadays. However, this particular treatment can be used for other purposes as well. So let us take a look at them!

What Is PRP Hair Treatment? Does It Only Work As A Hair Restoration Treatment?

As discussed above, PRP hair treatment or platelet-rich plasma is a three-step medical treatment that heals the injured area. Plasma is one of the significant components of our blood that has certain unique "factors" or proteins that helps in clotting the blood.

At the same time, these proteins also facilitate cell growth, thereby restoring your hair. Doctors use centrifugal machines to separate plasma from the blood for these treatments.

Well, the reason behind this process of separating plasma from the blood is to inject this plasma into your damaged tissues and then heal them up internally. Due to this, the damaged tissues in the scalp heal much faster.

Other Areas Where PRP Treatment is Used

Nowadays, this treatment has gained popularity and success to such a great extent that researchers are trying to apply it for various treatments to see if PRP can be used for other purposes. However, for the time being, it is most commonly applied for the following purposes:

Hair Restoration Treatment

One of the most common remedies that people facing acute hair fall opt for is platelet-rich plasma treatment. However, even the doctors are hopeful that this innovative technique of hair restoration can be beneficial for thousands of patients with time. In this treatment, PRP injections are given directly to the scalp of the patients to prevent hair loss and rejuvenating hair growth.

According to research, PRP hair treatments effectively treat androgenic alopecia, in other words, male pattern baldness.

Tendon Injuries

Do you know what tendons are? Well, they are tough, thick bands of tissues that connect from muscle to bone. Generally, when you suffer an injury in these parts, they take quite a long while to recover. However, if you opt for PRP treatment, you can quickly recover from chronic tendon problems like Achilles tendonitis, tennis elbow, jumper's knee within a very short time.

Osteoarthritis

Not only tendon injuries but PRP injections can also help in treating osteoarthritis. Doctors have recently come up with the news that PRP treatment can be highly beneficial for treating osteoarthritis than hyaluronic acid injections, which is a traditional therapy for osteoarthritis patients. So they conducted a trial on a group of patients a long time back, and surprisingly the results amazed everyone. So now, the doctors often apply this treatment in such cases.

Acute Injuries

At times doctors also use PRP treatment for treating acute sports injuries like pull in the hamstring muscles or sprains in the knee. These injections are highly beneficial in treating these injuries and healing them within a short time.

Postsurgical Repairs

If you have recently undergone surgery on your tendons, knees, or ligaments, then there are high chances that your doctor might use PRP injections post-surgery. Generally, doctors prefer to use it as these injections speed up your recovery, and you heal comparatively faster than other traditional treatments.

How Can You Prepare Before PRP Hair Treatment?

As you know, before starting any significant kind of treatment, you must follow specific steps to avoid complications of any sort later on. Since PRP hair treatment can be done in different ways, you need to keep these things in mind before the injections:

• Arrive early at the clinic as sometimes an anesthetic like lidocaine solution is applied before the injection to numbs the area
  • Discuss with your surgeon beforehand about the procedure in detail. At times it happens that they mix a local anesthetic with the PRP to reduce your discomfort. Or your doctor can also apply or inject it during the surgery

Summing It Up

So you can well understand that this innovative therapy of restoring damaged tissues has become a popular kind of treatment nowadays. Not only does PRP treatment works as a hair restoration therapy, but also it does wonders in other problems as well. You need not worry about the recovery time, as it will take less time comparatively than other traditional forms of treatment since it is directly injected into the affected area.