Do What You Have To And Don't Ever Stop

Do What You Have To And Don't Ever Stop

If there's something you need to do for yourself, whatever it may be, do it.

148

There are some things in this life that we do, because we feel the need to do it - whether it comes from an inspiration, or just from a feeling. It could be eating that piece of cake or that cookie when we know we're on a diet, because we really need that cookie. It could be changing up our haircut or wardrobe because we want a change or we are just dying for something new. Maybe we end a friendship or cut off a toxic relationship because we feel like there's something missing or there's something better for us. Taking a vacation, telling someone how we feel, taking time to focus on ourselves for whatever the reason may be. These are all examples of things that we do, because in a way, we need to.

Well, I have been feeling one of these needs as of late and it just so happens to be taking time for myself. Lately, I've been feeling a little lost. A little stressed and confused on certain things and I've been trying to clear my head. One of my previous articles discussed how I've been trying to change my life and make it more positive and I'm happy to say it has been working.

My positive influencing has had a big impact on my life and not long after implementation at that. Aside from that though, I've been doing what's best for me. Surrounding myself with people who influence me to be better, ridding myself of those irrelevant to the journey that I'm on, and even littler steps too. Listening to music that makes me happy, working hard in my jobs and in my classes and succeeding for myself, working out with my roommate to also feel better physically, laughing with friends, spending time with my family and all the people who will always love me.

Doing this for myself, makes me feel good. I'm not here right now to please anyone else, I'm here to please me. To take care of myself while figuring out what's going on in my life, picking myself up and dusting myself off to keep going is the goal and that's exactly what I've been doing and I've been doing it for me. Sometimes, you is who matters the most and doing what you have to do can be the best thing you ever do for yourself.

If you want to be with the person you love, tell them how you feel. Eat the cake. Go to the gym. Listen to that song 48 times in a row. Read that book or watch that movie. You do YOU and you do whatever it is that makes you happy, because in the end if you aren't happy are you really living?

I'm going to keep doing what's best for me because I'm who I need, and you should do the same.