Do Not Tell Me What to Wear.
Beauty Fashion

Do Not Tell Me What to Wear.

No one asked for your opinion.

5
Do Not Tell Me What to Wear.
vsco.co/aleenaorr

Lately, I have seen a LOT of Odyssey articles about how "leggings aren't meant for anything except the gym." I always make sure I comment on those articles and let OP know that I could not care less about the article they wrote. Whoever told you that trash is someone you do not need to be hanging out with. Leggings are just pants that go on your body and they are comfortable for all occasions. And yes, leggings are pants. You can stand over there with your negativity, but I will have full range of motion in my LEGGINGS. Grow up.

See, we often times get caught up in our own pride. We think we can tell someone what to wear, or what they have to like, or whatever. But, alas, every one is their own person, and ultimately can wear and do whatever they want. I surely will not be listening to these articles that someone wrote and really thought about it and took time to write a scathing piece about how leggings should not be worn outside of the gym. Like, what is that? Did you know that no one cares? Let people enjoy things! That is honestly all I ask.

But nowadays, even now in 2019, girls are made fun of for things that are normal to like. First, it was Uggs. Then it was the pumpkin spice drinks. Then it was whatever else that white girls made popular, and then some nasty guy at his computer had to crash the party because he likes to eat kittens. You get the picture. And now, it is leggings. I guess people do not understand that they need to stay in their lane, especially when it comes to telling what girls should wear.

You will have to rip my oversized Comfort Colors t-shirt and Lulu Lemon leggings from my cold. dead. hands. You will not win this war on leggings, all of you that are a part of this anti-leggings coalition.

The deepest root for this problem, I'm willing to bet my life on, is society. Society basically dictates what girls wear, how we wear it, and what is deemed appropriate. This ideal is so deeply wired into our brains, that we bash other girls for liking their bodies in the clothes that they own. So, you can get away from me and your anti-leggings mess. Because that will not fly in this household. No ma'am.

And let me just close with this: If you think that leggings make girls look sloppy and unpresentable, check again. You can dress them up and dress them down. Leggings are the potato of pants. They are so versatile and can be worn in so many different styles that it is HARD to come up with a way that leggings do not look good. And look, if you still hate leggings after reading this article, all I have to ask is: DO NOT TELL ME WHAT TO WEAR. IF YOU SEE ME IN THE STREETS DON'T MENTION MY LEGGINGS. DIDN'T THE BIBLE SAY THAT THE HEART IS WHAT MATTERS AND NOT YOUR OUTWARD APPEARANCE? Don't get me wrong either, because I sometimes wear jeans. I wear them when I want to, and I certainly do not "reserve" them for special events. I wear them when it's cold outside. I wear them when I wanna spice things up a bit. So don't take my rant as "I ONLY WEAR LEGGINGS AND I'M AN ANGRY FEMINIST AND HATE JEANS AND SKIRTS AND DRESSES AND HEELS." Because that would simply be a lie. Thank you for coming to my TED talk.