Why You Shouldn't Go To A 'Coronavirus Party'
Currently

Do Not Go To A 'Coronavirus Party,' Do Not Infect Yourself With COVID-19

Please.

674

Apparently, "coronavirus parties" are a thing in 2020. Some people think "coronavirus parties" could be a good thing. But please, do not go to a "coronavirus party."

COVID-19 is not chickenpox. Do you know how many people die each year from chickenpox? In 2015, less than 7,000 worldwide. Do you know how many people die from seasonal flu every year? As many as 650,000 worldwide, more than half a million. Do you know what has an estimated mortality rate "roughly 10 times" that of seasonal flu? COVID-19.

Please do not go to a "coronavirus party."

Being young and healthy does not protect you from COVID-19. You can be a 36-year-old New York school principal and still die from COVID-19. You can be a 17-year-old "in good health" and still die from COVID-19. The virus doesn't care how old you are or how rich you are. You can still die from COVID-19.

Giving yourself COVID-19 intentionally does not prevent you from passing it on to other people. Unless you get tested, you might not even know for weeks whether you are infected. You might never even feel sick. It doesn't matter, you can still infect other people.

Please.

Do not go to a "coronavirus party."