Don't Wait Until Tomorrow, Do It Today.

Don't Do It Tomorrow, Do It Today.

Don't let procrastination consume you.

36
Don't Do It Tomorrow, Do It Today.
https://kitchendecor.club/files/planner-agenda-organizer.html

We all have been there. We tell ourselves we'll get it done but for no we'e going to "take a break". It's understandable if you need one, but ask yourself if you really do, or if you're just trying to put off responsibilities.

There are ways you can help limit your procrastination and get it done today, not tomorrow. Or the day after that. Or the day after that. Or the day after that.

Make a list.

Don't rely on your memory for the things you need done. Write them out clearly. Write down the list in either order of importance or in order of what is easiest/hardest to complete. Maybe even put boxes next to them to motivate you to check them all. Write it out physically too. Don't use an app.

Schedule your tasks by time.

Photo by Lukas Blazek

If you have a task that you think would take an hour, lay it out that way. Tell yourself from 2 to 3 you're going to clean your room. Then from 3 to 5 you'll do your math homework. Organizing when you'll complete it and what time helps you feel more put together and encourages you to be more productive. Goals are good.

Don't be too hard on yourself.

If you don't complete what you wanted to in the hour you set aside, that's okay. Don't stress. Sometimes we underestimate how long something will take. All that means is you're going to have to work around the time used - which is possible. Sometimes it's more about getting the task done than being perfect. Don't be so hard on yourself.

Change the environment if possible.

If you're struggling to do your homework at home, leave. Go to the library. Go to a coffee shop. Turn the music on, or turn the music on. Try different things to help you feel more productive. Figure out what kind of environment works best for you.

Think about the after feeling.

Think about the feeling you'll have when you finally complete what you've been putting off. The stress these tasks have been giving you will vanish (and life is already stressful enough as it is). You'll have time to do absolutely nothing but relax. Finishing tasks is a great feeling. Remember that when you're procrastinating.

Procrastination is something we all suffer from, but we can do things to help minimize this. Clear your head and get to work. Nothing will beat the feeling of finishing what you've been putting off for so long.