Why All College Students Should Lift Weights

"Do you even lift?"
58

A few reasons why starting to lift weights was the best decision I made in 2016:

1. Strength

Stairs become easier. Backpacks feel lighter. And if you are physically strong, you will also be mentally strong. Win - win.

2. Stress relief

***For a college student, this is everything.***

3. Results

Spring break is quickly approaching, which means it will soon be bathing suit season. Best way to get that beach bod = lifting.

4. Longevity

Lifting can contribute to a longer life. With the stress of college constantly taking years off of our lives, we could use all of the extra help we can get.

5. Sleep

Lifting weights actually helps you sleep when you are having trouble. All college students know that sleep is truly a gift, especially when you mess up your sleep schedule so badly that going to bed before 3 am feels wrong (whoops).

6. Energy

Despite the potential misconception that lifting weights would drain you of your energy, it actually boosts your energy levels, so you can do more in a day (because 24 hours is never enough).

7. And finally, "Do you even lift?"

"Yes, actually. I do." *cue the confusion and astonishment at a genuine response to their trolling*