Do College Right, Take A Break

Do College Right, Take A Break

Relax, eat, sleep and don't leave the house

2
Do College Right, Take A Break
samsmolenski

As we reach the end of the semester we get one break before the big break. Thanksgiving break should be a time where we all go home, refresh, and just relax. But I know there are some people out there how can't relax, who can't just sit still while they're at home. Listen to me. If you spend one minute over break thinking about all the work you have to do when you get back or all the work you could be doing, then you're not taking a break you're just simply going home to get a few free meals. Everyone deserves to go home and just sit on the couch, never get dressed or leave the house. Everyone deserves to not think about school for 5 days and to not think about homework or projects. When you go home think week think about all the work you've been doing and know that one day all the stress and late nights will pay off.

Take this time to not care about anything but you. This break is the prefect time to reflect on this semester and every thing you have done, all the homework you endured, all the projects you finished no matter how stressful, and most importantly all the fun you've had. And if you can't think of any time you've had fun with all your friends, then you're not living, you're taking college too seriously at times. Trust me, you need to have fun on top of all of your stress. If you don’t have fun then you're doing it wrong, you're doing too much homework 24/7. Let me tell you something, if your friends are telling you that they miss you because they haven't seen you all semester, then take your face out of the books and go be a 20 something, go do college right.

If you've lost your path, go find it again. Being lost isn't bad it just means you've become more serious about your future, which isn't a bad thing either. But you're young, you're in college, you're involved, and you've made a lot of friends that want to see you on daily basis. Don't push them away, just manage your time better. I believe that everyone needs to make time for their friends no matter what, no matter how many projects you have, and no matter how deep up to your knees you are in homework. Your friends need you just as much as you need them, and if they're complaining about not seeing you then something is wrong here. Sometimes you have to put the papers, the book, and the laptop down. I can't stress this enough, because I've had it happen to me. You can't always be at home or in the library with your nose in a book or a stack of papers. Get off your butt and go have fun.

Thanksgiving break always makes me reflect on the semester thus far and what I did wrong and what I can still do to stay on top of everything. These next few weeks are very important but your friends are too. Take this break to leave the homework aside, at least till Sunday. Stay home in your pjs, eat lots of food, but don't forget who will be waiting for you when you get back.