8 Productive Things To Do When It's Bad Weather In Summer

Everyone wants to take advantage of the wonderful weather of summer (at least when it's not very humid out, of course) by taking all the beach trips or roasting marshmallows by all the campfires they can have with the time that summer offers. Needless to say, summer doesn't last forever, and unfortunately, neither does the great weather that comes with this mega-popular season.

As today was a rainy day in my hometown, I've decided to make a list of the activities that not only are enjoyable but can still make anyone feel as though they're still making a productive use of their summer free-time. While you can't take advantage of outdoor fun-in-the-sun on a rainy summer day, do take advantage of all the wonders free time offers when sunshine is no longer dependable.

Clean/Rearrange your room.

Nothing can feel more accomplishing than cleaning out your closet or rearranging some furniture in your room. There's no better opportunity to take the time to go through your junk drawers or the clothes that you don't wear anymore than when it's nasty outside, and you can choose whether to donate or sell the perfectly good stuff you no longer want. It may look like a big project to tackle at first, but you'll feel so good even when the littlest bit of organizing is done.

Practice your cooking or baking skills.

We all wish we had more time to make an at-home meal, so why not take the time to do this than having to get wet outside by ordering out? Pinterest a fun, new recipe or ask your mom to finally give you instructions on how to make her insanely delicious cookies. No matter the meal, it's a totally fun thing to do and requires a substantial use of good energy.

Get some very early prep done for school.

Although we are in the middle of the summer and we still want to pretend that school is millions of miles away, it is never too early to start preparing for when the first day does come around. Whether it's school supply shopping or taking care of payments, getting at least some of it done now will be very worth it in the long run- especially when life tends to get busy fast around that time of year.

Make it a movie or game night with friends.

So let's say you have fun plans with your friends to have a picnic in the park or to go jogging at the track and the weather has now (quite literally) rained on your parade. Don't pretend like you can't hangout anymore- make it a pajama night and tell everyone to bring over a game or movie they love. Some "old-fashioned" fun is needed sometimes, and it's the best substitute for a plan that would entail the same amount of fun.

Do an at-home workout session.

Who needs the gym or a track field when you can use your carpeted floor at home? In today's world, you can look up any kind of workouts and even follow an instructor with the help of YouTube videos. No matter if it's rigorous or a 5-minute workout, anything can help better your body and how you feel; just remember to keep drinking water throughout the sweating!

Update you resume, personal website and LinkdIn account.

This may have to do with Tip #3 and seem pretty boring, but it can be more convenient since you can lay down and work on it while you relax. Make sure all your mediums are up-to-date with your latest GPA, add more classes you've taken or even include a new job that you recently started. The little things like the format of your resume or website can make a big impact for the next person who views it, so take the time now to improve your portfolios while you're actually not stressing about school (yet).

Pamper yourself with some self care.

Who doesn't love a real treat yo' self kind of day? Get a face mask, bath bomb or whatever your heart desires to make you unwind in the most relaxed ways possible. Even getting a mani-pedi or making sure your eyebrows are up-to-par is a great way to give yourself the proper treatment.

Snuggle up with a blanket and a good book, or any kind of work you need to get done.

Okay, so this may not be the most productive thing to do but you're getting something done while also being able to really relax. Whether you want to spend your free time reading a good book from your shelves or finally brainstorming ideas for your next big project, it all counts as productivity- even if you are laying on your bed or sprawled out on your couch while you do it.