7 Tips To Transform Your Room Into Your Own Personal Spa

Just another reason to never leave the comfort of your own bed.

237

Now that the Fall semester is in full swing, school work has been piling up and deadlines are approaching faster than ever. With that being said, it is important that you give yourself a chill space to come home to amidst the chaos of your schedule. By putting in the effort to take care of yourself, you will flourish in all other aspects of your life. Whether you live in a dorm on campus, or in a bedroom at home, anyone can benefit from these easy ways to turn their space into a haven for relaxation!

1. Invest In An Essential Oil Diffuser 

Baremetics

Our sense of smell has a strong influence on mood. Think about it – everyone has a favorite scent and certain aromas even have the power to trigger positive memories. Make your space seem instantly more appealing by using an essential oil diffuser. There are endless options of essential oils to choose from, and some scents like lavender and eucalyptus are specifically targeted for calming. Essential oil diffusers also make for great décor and will upgrade the aesthetic of your room.

2. Always Keep Your Sheet Mask Collection Stocked

In case you didn't already know, face masks are key to self-care. There is a mask out there for every skin type, and putting one on will force you to spend 10-15 minutes of your time sitting down and relaxing. Investing your time in caring for your skin will make you look and feel better, and will simplify your beauty routine in the long run as you take the time to correct skin imperfections now. You don't need to go out of your way or spend tons of money on a quality mask. Just stop by your local CVS and pick up some Masque Bar sheet masks. This brand is so affordable and genuinely makes a difference in the overall appearance of your skin. There is truly not more that you can ask for in a mask!

3. Purchase A Foot Bath 

Using a foot bath is the ultimate upgrade for a DIY pedicure. Soaking your feet after a long day is a great source of relaxation and will keep your feet looking polished through boots season. By regularly using a foot bath, you will be less likely to neglect taking care of yourself and you will be motivated to maintain your pedicure throughout the fall and winter. Follow up your soak session with your favorite body butter and a cozy pair of fuzzy socks.

4. Slip Into Your Favorite Robe 

Robes are not exclusive to just your shower routine. As the weather gets cooler, robes provide added warmth to your PJ set and are an overall great accessory to just chill in. Whether you wear your robe to lounge in or put it on over your outfit to do your makeup, having a quality robe is an essential that is too comfortable to go without!

5. Buy Potted Plants

Unsplash

Keeping those cute potted plants on your bureau are doing you more good than you think. Other than serving as aesthetically pleasing decor, plants actually release oxygen in your room. By acting as a purifying agent, plants improve the overall air quality that you breathe. Other than their health benefits, plants are also a great way to incorporate some elements of nature into your space. On a frigid Fall day when stepping out into the cold seems like a daunting task, get your fix for nature by watering your indoor plants!

6. Make A Relaxing Playlist 

Just as scents have the power to influence mood, so do songs! After a hectic day, put on your favorite playlist to unwind for the night. There is nothing better than zoning out everything and listening to your favorite music after a long day of classes. After hours of boring lectures, putting on your relaxing playlist will be literal music to your ears!

7. Use A Nightlight 

Before bed, put on a nightlight and shut off the main light in your room. Relaxing in a dimmer environment will help your eyes adjust to the dark and will get you ready for bed. Whether you are reading or watching a screen, the darker environment will put your mind at ease. For added aesthetic purposes, look for a light bulb in your favorite color to cast the light in the shade of your choosing.