7 Last Minute DIY Gifts For The Craft Mom In Us All

Is there really such a thing as too many mason jar crafts?

163

Christmas is right around the corner, and if you’re anything like me, you’re struggling to get gifts for all the people in your life. Shopping on a hardcore budget is tough, and fighting through crowds of people to find the perfect gift is even tougher. But sometimes, a handmade gift is better, (and cheaper!) than anything we can find in a store. I am obsessed with Pinterest--I’m a regular Craft Mom, and I love making homemade gifts for people every year. Here are 7 homemade crafts that are super easy, super cheap, and super sweet to give out this holiday season!

1. Snowglobes

Snowglobes are surprisingly easy to make and super cute! I made a couple this year; the supplies cost less than $20 in total, and it only took about 10-15 minutes to assemble it!

Pro tip: Make sure to use hot glue to seal the lid--it can, and will, leak!

2. T-Shirt Bags

T-Shirt Bags are another quick and easy craft. You can use old t-shirts with a design, or you can get a plain t-shirt and iron on a design! Depending on the materials you use, this can cost around $10-15, and takes about 20-30 minutes, depending on how slowly you cut!

Pro tip: Use fabric scissors instead of regular scissors--it’ll come out less jagged!

3. Resin Keychains

I recently learned how to make these. I thought it would be super complicated, but it was so easy I want to make everyone keychains! This one is a little more costly--the smallest package of resin mix is $15, and that’s not including the pendant, clasp, etc. This craft can cost upwards of $30--but the finished product looks amazing! Creating the design and pouring the resin doesn’t take very long at all--maybe 15 minutes max--but you have to let the resin dry for a minimum of 4 hours! The less resin you use, the longer it should dry. I used about a tablespoon of resin for mine and let it dry overnight, just to be safe!

Pro tip: Make sure to store it on a flat, covered surface--if it tips, the resin will spill, and if it’s uncovered you risk getting dust and hair trapped inside!

4. Photo transfers

I love photographs--I’ve given out lots of framed pictures in my gift-giving past, but there’s only so much creativity you get with frames. Wooden photo transfers are unique, rustic, and fun to make! Prep time is fast--10 minutes or less--but you have to let it dry overnight. Just like with the resin keychains, the longer you let it dry, the better!

Pro tip: Make sure you use enough mod podge! The first time I tried, only half the photo transferred because I didn’t use enough of the solution.

5. Ceramic coasters

Ceramic coasters are more difficult to make, but they come out beautifully when they’re done! These are surprisingly cheap to make--after purchasing the tiles, printing the photos, and getting the mod podge and hot glue, it can cost around $20 to make 10!

Pro tip: Patience is key with these. The mod podge might run on your pictures a little bit--but don’t get discouraged! That’s how it should look!

6. Candles

Candles, in my experience, tend to be an all-day production--but they smell so good and they look so pretty when done! They’re also pretty expensive--a starter kit with wax, dye, essence, and wicks costs about $20 but depending on the container you put it in, you may need a larger wick!

Pro tip: Make sure you have a funnel you’re okay with running and lots of newspaper. And whatever you do, don’t use your as a place to pour your wax--if it flows down the drain, it’ll clog!

7. Mason Jar Candle Holders

I haven’t tried this craft yet, but it looks 1000x easier to make than the candles themselves! Mason jars cost anywhere from $1-5 depending on the size and style, and you can get a package of clear beads for just a few dollars! If you’re not ready to commit to the candle itself, what better gift to give to the candle lovers in your life?

Pro tip: Different colored beads will give a different colored glow when you light the candle!