When Distractions Become Our Destination, We Limit God's Direction

The enemy distracts what he cannot control.

21
Unsplash

Ephesians 6:11 – Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

So often in our walks with Christ there are many distractions that try to change our destination. These distractions can be a person, a thought, a dream or words from a friend. Because the enemy is known as the deceiver it is no surprise that he often likes to deceive us into believing the lies that he puts into our path. This is why verses like this are not only warnings but they help us in our fights against the enemy. There are two ways that the enemy uses to distractions to detour us from our purpose.

The first way, is by attacking us when we are weak. When we are weak we are not only more susceptible to the enemy's schemes, but we are also not as focused on Christ. The enemy kicks us when we are down and tries to keep us there. When we arm ourselves with the word of God, even in our weakness, we are telling the devil that we are stronger than the things he uses to knock us down. To do this all you have to do is continue to renew your mind. Do not give into your flesh, give into your spirit. Matthew 26:41: "Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak." When we are renewing our minds, we are able to watch and pray. We are able to see the lie before it distracts us.

The second way, is by making us believe the distraction or lie. When we do not renew are minds, when we drift from God, that little distraction becomes our life. God not only wants us to put on His armor, but He wants us to stand. Standing requires our eyes to be opened. See in the garden of Eden, Satan said in Genesis 3:5, "For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil." This was all before Christ came. But when Jesus came to this earth, He did open our eyes to the truth. We now know good and evil but only because Christ states in John 8:32, "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." The truth of knowing good and evil sets us free to fight. God is with us in the fight and He wants us to know that we can stand because of His word.

God created His word to open our eyes so that we could live in His light. We were never meant to be born into sin but because of what Adam and Eve did we become sinners. With Christ bringing salvation we are now known as "sinners saved by grace." That grace is the thing that empowers us to live the life that God designed for us. We as dear children cannot get distracted, and we were never meant to. With God's help we can overcome the lies and distractions. So that when they resurface we can stand tall and shout our victory. Spiritual warfare is a two-way street. In order to win, we are to stay on our knees in prayer which in turn causes our spirit to stand on the battle ground beside Christ. So today I encourage you to put on the whole armor of God (His word), stand on His truth and the whiles of the devil will become your stomping ground.