A Scientifically Accurate Dissection Of The Mid-Semester College Student

From head to toe, we're all looking not so good.
69

At the beginning of the first semester, college students everywhere were bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, ready for what they thought would be, a great semester. I mean, why wouldn’t it be? You got all the classes you wanted, you and your friends are already establishing where to go for lunch breaks, you had a new gym plan and started to eat super healthy and who could forget the social aspects of college? This was going to be YOUR year.

Fast forward to November, and those same college students are eating their words.

Look at all of us. We’re like walking zombies! Students at this point in the semester can only communicate in grunts, groans, and the occasional blubber through yet, another meltdown at the library. The classes that you were so excited to take are kicking you in the rear. Eating? Not for you with all the work you have. Eating healthy? HA. You’re practically living off of vending machine cuisine at this point and don’t even start with the gym. If you don’t have time to sleep why in the world would you have time to go run on a treadmill for an hour?

Let’s dig deeper and analyze:

The mid-semester college student’s bloodstream is 90% coffee and 10% actual blood. There are dark, hollow circles under the eyes of the mid-semester college student, indicating the lack of sleep due to burning the midnight oil because of Intro to Hell 101 taught by Professor Lectures-a-lot. And no, those bags are not designer.

Let’s move onto facial expressions. To simply sum it up, the facials of a mid-semester college student would make outsiders think that their childhood pet just died, they lost the lottery and they constantly smell a dead skunk. Either that or dead-pan. Those are the two faces of a mid-semester college student.

Attire. The attire of the beginning of the semester college student is carefully planned out to match the shoes and accessories. We all looked on fleek. We #DressedToImpress. Now, we dress for comfort, sometimes wearing the same shirt for three days straight. Mid-semester college students love to wear hats to cover up the fact that they haven’t showered that week and since the weather is getting colder, not only do we all look like the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man because we’re layering up but we’ve all decided to stop shaving!

Now that we've dissected the mid-semester college student, keep in mind that they're emotional beings around this time. Anything can trigger them...puppies, tests, lack of sleep, ANYTHING. With that in mind, be wary of what you say to them as if they start crying for any reason, it's on you.

Luckiy, Thanksgiving is here! Hang in there, friends!