5 Classic Disney Cartoons That Need A Live-Action Reboot

Hint: One puts the glad in gladiator.

64
Instagram

If there is anything I have learned in my life, it is that Disney will always find a way to make money.

With the recent announcement that Disney will start their own streaming service in 2019, the House of Mouse looks to be every bit of the business empire we have come to know them as. Today, however, we will be focusing on another money-making tactic Disney has recently employed: remaking their classic movies.

Though the quality of these remakes have been hit-and-miss (the Alice in Wonderland remake wasn't that great, while the "Jungle Book" and "Cinderella" remakes arguably outdid their originals), they have all brought Disney a whole lot of bank. There is clearly no signs of this trend stopping, as remakes for "Lion King," "Aladdin" and "Mulan" have either been announced or already started casting. In this article, I am gonna focus on possible Disney remakes that haven't been announced yet (that I know of) but should be in the near future.

5. "Hercules"

Seeing as the CGI used in the Beauty and the Beast remake made the film look huge, imagine how good it would look with Hercules. Disney animation and Greek mythology were a perfect marriage back then, and the CGI Disney has can only make it look better. You can even give James Woods the James Earl Jones in Lion King treatment (i.e. bring him back to reprise his role as Hades) once he's done ranting about how liberals hate statues.

4. "Tarzan"

Yes, I know that there was a Tarzan movie that came out last year from Warner Bros., that didn't do well. But, give this classic story the Disney touch, and you got yourself a winner. Just don't bring back Phil Collins #UnpopularOpinon or Rosie O'Donnell #PopularOpinon.

3. "Haunted Mansion"

Simply put, this awesome ride deserves a better movie than Eddie Murphy half-assing it in between his Shrek paychecks.

2. "Hunchback of Notre Dame"

Though this might be the most controversial movie on this list, this is an awesome Disney film that gets disgustingly overlooked. With great music, Disney's darkest villain and an amazing setting that is just begging for the Beauty and the Beast remake treatment, a remake of this movie would be an absolute treat to see.

1. "The Little Mermaid"

Even though this film is the most likely one on this list to get remade next, I am shocked that this remake hasn't been announced yet. As the movie that started the famed Disney Renaissance, this is a possible remake that deserves the best treatment possible. Just make sure that they don't mistakenly put a phallic symbol on the poster.