If Disney Princesses Chose Majors In College

If Disney Princesses Attended College, Their Majors Would Be Different Than What You'd Expect

Pocahontas would be majoring in public health.

1728
modern princesses

If princesses weren't to throw their lives away as soon as they met a prince, I'd like to imagine they'd get a good education, at least in modern day. Or even if they do get married, still get their education!

Either way, I still think many, if not all, are strong women. So, I've compiled a list of every animated princess I could think of and gave them each what I think would be their major in college.

And before anyone starts calling me out: yes, I do realize that not everyone on this list is a Disney princess or even a princess per se, thank you.

Enjoy!

1. Education - Snow White

Snow White handles patience like a queen! I mean, taking care of 7 childish men each with unique personalities would prepare anyone for the class room.

She has a gentle but firm hand and knows how to have fun once the work is done. Plus! She even knows how to make the work fun!

2. Architecture - Elsa

When looking for idea, the main one that I kept finding was Environmental Studies for Elsa. While this is a good idea and I'm sure Elsa would excel in that major, it seems just a tad too obvious or even ironic to me.

Elsa built a whole freakin' castle out of ice in one night! And while yes it needed an interior designer, it was beautifully constructed. She loves to create things and has an eye for structures. I think she would be a great architect.

3. Social Work - Cinderella

While she could also be a animal rights activist in her spare time, I really think Cindy here would want to help other children out of abusive families.

She knows what it's like to be mistreated and abused, I like to think she would never want anyone else to go through that. Every little boy and girl deserves to feel like a prince or princess, and Cinderella would dedicate her life to being each of their fairy godmothers.

4. Music - Ariel

I originally was going to put Ariel down for history because of her interest in human history. However, the whole movie revolves around her finding her voice.

She loves to sing and listen to music, so why wouldn't she pursue what she is passionate about. Maybe she could minor in history.

5. Oceanography - Moana

This is quite an obvious one because her whole story revolves around the ocean. I was trying to get a little more creative but she literally sings an entire song about following her true path, so no more trying to fit Moana into a box shes not meant to be in.

Just think how cool it would be to be in study group with her where she could just ask the ocean to part to you could get up close with the beautiful sea life.

6. Law - Esmeralda

This gif sort of says it all...

Esmerelda, fights for what she knows is right. She'd always fight for those who are oppressed and help them find their voices. Her kind heart and strong will would get her far in this field.

7. Medical/Nursing - Aurora

Her main focus would probably be on patients with splinters, insomnia, or comatose patients.

No but seriously, Aurora would make an extremely kind and dedicated nurse or doctor.

8. Literature/Children's Literature - Belle

Another quite obvious one, but why not put all that reading she's already doing into a major. Just imagine her using her degree to become a librarian, recommending books to everyone who will listen to her.

Guaranteed she'll have a favorite book to recommend for every subject and genre.

9. Sports Management - Merida

After scoring several gold medals for Great Britain's or Northern Ireland's Olympic archery team, Merida would most likely get her degree in sports management and coach other young aspiring athletes to be their best and be who they are.

10. Public Health - Pocahontas

After getting her degree in public health, Pocahontas would most likely start up some non-profits to spread awareness for oppressed Native-Americans and take part in the recycling movements to protect the earth.

11. Entrepreneurship - Anna

Anna was a tricky one to come up with because she's been sort of cooped up her entire life. She might enjoy art history or being the sweetest food critic you'll ever meet, but those both just didn't seem to fit her.

Then I thought of entrepreneurship! After spending most of her life cooped up in a castle, Anna would want to travel all over the place to see the world. And while she's at it handle all Arendelle's trades. It'd be perfect for her!

12. Culinary Arts - Tiana

Tiana is already a skilled cook so why not fly through a degree so she can become a professional chef and get a minor or double major in business. She'd be a lot more prepared to open "Tiana's Place" if she did!

13. Political Science - Jasmine

Even before she inherits the throne Jasmine is already sharing a piece of her mind on what laws are right and wrong in her kingdom. She runs away to live among her people, and while she is ultimately caught and returned home, but already much wiser.

A degree in Poli. Sci. would help her to be a better ruler when it's her turn.

14. Art - Rapunzel

All throughout the movie Rapunzel displays her creativity. Her tower is FULL of her paintings. While they're better than anything I could ever paint, they still need some work. Getting a BFA would perfect her skills to make her famous throughout her kingdom.

15. History/Classics - Megara

Aside from the fact that she is literally a character from Greek mythology, Meg is quite a knowledgeable girl.

After being enslaved by Hades for years, I could see her studying human history or even religious studies to find another religion more appealing and kinder than what she's known.

16. Fashion - Giselle

Giselle has some pretty great fashion throughout her movie. With the help of her animal friends she designs all of her clothing, even her wedding dress!

And even in the end when she doesn't make her own dress for the ball, her fashion sense is impeccable. In the end she even starts her own dress line, sewing personalized dresses! It's just perfect.

17. Engineering - Vanellope

Obviously. We see her extreme love for cars in both the first and second movies. She's got such passion, there'd be no hesitation when it comes to what she'd major in.

18. Women's and Gender Studies - Mulan

While she'd definitely also be studying international relations, Mulan fights for the right to fight as a woman. She'd fight for women's rights all around the world and if a conflict were to ever arise, the hero of China would be more than prepared to defend herself and others.

19. International Affairs - Anastasia

After her honey moon with Dimitri, she'll be coming back to take on her roll as Empress of Russia. A degree in international affairs would help her to help her people in the best ways possible.

20. Geology and/or Geography - Kida

I'm fairly sure that Milo will get her hooked on exploring or at least studying for more hidden worlds. Also, her and her city's life source is a crystal, so I'm sure she'd love to learn more about other kinds of crystallization and rocks.

21. Veterinary - Jane

Yeah, another obvious one, but just had to include it because I love Jane so much.

22. Interior Design - Tinker Bell

Many of my friends suggested anger management or psychology for Tink, but going more off of what we've learned about her in her own movies, I think she'd find more pleasure in designing. Just think, she's a tinker and loves creating unique things.

I think she'd have a fun time designing unique furniture and placing it on display for her fairy friends.

23. Journalism/Communication - Eilonwy

Eilonwy, is quite strong-willed and is portrayed as plucky and talkative. I can just imagine her going into the TV world of journalism, announcing the daily news and sharing her own opinions about every story.

24. Psychology - Alice

Alice is quite kindhearted and knows how to listen but will also speak her mind. She's experienced some odd things in her "dreams" and I'm sure she'd like to help others interpret their dreams and work through their problems,