The Disney Movie To Watch Based On Your Enneagram Type

Disney Lovers, This Is The Movie You Should Watch Based On Your Enneagram Personality Type

Bound to save you next time you can't decide what to watch on Disney+!

17570

Although I am by no means an Enneagram expert, this personality identification test truly fascinates me. I have been able to learn so much about myself, and the frighteningly accurate typing correctly puts into words my general fears and dreams and what it's like for my type to be at our lowest and highest.

I feel like someone is putting the complexities of my soul and its swirling emotions into words in a way I never could, even as a writer. It's pretty cool stuff, but what's even cooler is when you learn more about the test as a whole. You start to Enneatype your favorite TV show and book characters, recommend travel destinations for each type, and give movie and book recommendations based on what each type values in life. Especially Disney movie recommendations.

For all my Enneagram lovers out there, I've compiled a list of Disney movies everyone should watch based on their Enneagram type. Just remember, it's all for fun (and to save you an extra five minutes so you don't have to click through Disney+ trying to decide what to watch next).

Oh, and last little note - even though many of the Disney princess movies would fit amazingly with some of the types, I tried to avoid using them (for the most part) because I already wrote an article about which princess matches each Enneagram type. So for now, enjoy some classic (and underrated) Disney movie recommendations.

Type 1 - "The Lion King"

Mufasa and SImba Giphy

Ironically, I'm a Type 1, and this also happens to be my favorite Disney movie of all time. The message truly fits in with the journey and battle of "The Reformers." Simba is undoubtedly a perfectionist and has a "sense of mission" that he wants to accomplish in his life, similar to Type 1's.

He wants to be the great king that his father, Mufasa, is, and he wants to keep peace and goodness among the Pride Lands like his father has all these years.

But after the death of Mufasa, and Scar making Simba believe it was his own doing, he faces a challenge many Type1's come across.

Type 1's are known for focusing on the right and wrong in life, and they typically struggle when they feel like they have crossed over onto the "wrong" side. They don't like doing bad or making mistakes. But now Simba feels he has made the biggest mistake of them all.

This movie shares an important lesson for 1's - Don't dwell in your past or on your mistakes. Learn to forgive yourself, and rise up against that inner voice telling you you're a bad person, a wrongdoer, when it was only a mistake. Only then can you once again become The Reformer you were born to be, and like Simba, fight the evil in the world and bring the goodness back.

Simba even discovered that his mistake wasn't really his wrongdoing at all, but if he'd continued to hide away from his past, he never would have had that closure.

"Oh yes, the past can hurt. But from the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it." - Rafiki

Type 2 - "Finding Nemo"

Marlin and Dory Giphy

Throughout "Finding Nemo," we learn the power of helping and teamwork. When you follow Marlin's storyline, you see that all he ever wanted was to be loved by his son, to help his son in every situation.

Unfortunately, this made him a bit of a controlling parent, which can be an unhealthy battle that "The Helpers" face. But when Nemo is taken by scuba divers, Marlin must go on a long, wild adventure to find his son.

He meets Dory, who loves unconditionally and will help anyone who comes her way. Her entire character is based on the premise of wanting to be loved by someone, since she can't find her friends and family.

Crush also helps Marlin and Dory without question, and the dentist fish tank crew is more than happy to help Nemo. And Nemo and Marlin help the fish tank fish escape in the end, too.

Overall, Marlin and Nemo could never have been reunited if it wasn't for Marlin's Type 2 attitude that helped him persevere to find his son, and the Type 2 attitudes of all the other fish in the sea (and the dentist's office) along the way.

And in the end, Marlin's natural instinct to love and help extended to Dory and their other new friends. Most of all, though, he learned to help and love in a way that allowed Nemo to explore and take risks. All Marlin ever wanted was to protect his son and give him a helping hand, but he learned the detriments of being too overbearing, and Nemo learned how much his dad truly loved him.

Type 3 - "Aladdin"

Aladdin Giphy

While "The Achievers" are known for their hard work and desire to succeed, they can also be very image-conscious. Like Type 3's, Aladdin's biggest fear is to be seen as worthless.

Everyone sees him as a "street rat," but he wants to be so much more. He wants to be "valued and worthwhile," like many 3's. So when he meets Genie, and becomes the prince he always wanted to be, he deceives the people he cares most about for his "image."

When the love of his life, Jasmine, is kidnapped by Jafar, Aladdin must overcome his fear of being who he truly is to save her. He sheds his Prince Ali disguise, giving up the fanfare and riches and notoriety, and shows his true self to her.

He learns of the value he already has within when he helps save her, and Jasmine falls in love with the real Aladdin. By the end of the movie, he is fully accepting and proud of who he is, no longer hiding behind a facade.

"Do not be fooled by his commonplace appearance. Like so many things, it is not what is outside, but what is inside that counts." - Merchant

Type 4 - "Hercules"

Hercules Giphy

"Hercules" is the story of a boy who has heroic abilities like no other, but instead of them making him feel like a hero, they make him feel like an outcast.

Like "The Individualists," Hercules just wants to fit in. He wants to be understood and prove his significance, create an identity that people love and cherish. He dreams of being a hero, but he just doesn't know how to get there.

When he starts to feel his differences make him a burden, he leaves his home to discover himself. With Phil's help, he learns to see his differences in a new light.

He channels his unique abilities into the identity of the hero he always dreamed to be and transforms his feelings of rejection into a plight to save the world. Along the way, the romantic in him (and in many Type 4's) reveals itself when he meets Megara and falls in love.

But when she betrays him, he becomes deeply and emotionally hurt. (Until, of course, she helps him save the world and they live happily ever after.)

At the end of the day, many Type 4's can really relate to Hercules' self-struggle. But they must overcome the fear of their differences and see them as blessings.

Like Hercules, through a little self-discovery, 4's can turn other's misunderstandings of them into beacons of light and hope for this world by channeling their differences into good deeds, positive romance, and creativity.

Type 5 - "Beauty and the Beast"

Beauty and the Beast Giphy

In "Beauty and the Beast," we learn that Belle is on a quest for knowledge. She desires to learn and understand the world around her. Like most of "The Investigators," she wants to use her knowledge to be fully capable of anything she sets her mind to. She wants to prove to the village, and she very well does, that she doesn't need Gaston to take care of her. Heck, she's way more knowledgeable then he'll ever be.

In a quest to prove her capabilities and competencies, she goes after her father at the Beast's castle. This is a dangerous feat, no doubt, but she has natural curiosity, a common trait of Type 5's.

Unfortunately, things go awry, but she uses her time in the Beast's castle to gain knowledge about the Beast and his curse. She learns of his good nature and big heart, and when the townspeople come to hurt the Beast, she is able to save him with a true love's kiss.

This movie goes to show the power of knowledge, and when you embrace it and wield it correctly, you can perceive things differently compared to those without it. You become more open-minded and "take things in their true context."

Type 6 - "Toy Story"

Woody and Buzz Giphy

"Toy Story" truly embodies the idea of loyalty, which is one of the most poignant traits of "The Loyalists." The toys, especially Woody, would do anything for Andy and each other.

They want to protect each other while being the best toys possible. Like Type 6's, they want to feel secure in their situation - in this case, as Andy's toys.

Which is why Woody feels threatened when Buzz Lightyear appears - he feels Buzz is going to take away that security; he fears being replaced. Woody becomes negative and anxious upon Buzz's appearance, but when the two of them get separated from Andy and the other toys, they must learn to work together to get back.

"Toy Story" is a great example of growth within a Type 6. Loyalty is a wonderful trait, which Woody so clearly possesses, and he comes to realize that he needs to trust Buzz if he ever wants to see Andy again.

Instead of feeling like Andy's love for him is going to be taken away by Buzz, he decides instead to share the love with his new friend. This makes Woody a great leader and full of courage by the end, like many Type 6's at their best. All he had to do was trust.

Type 7 - "Up"

Carl and Ellie from "Up" Giphy

"Up" is all about the ultimate adventure, which "The Enthusiasts" love. For most Type 7's, the purpose behind the adventure is to fulfill their inner needs and avoid any pain.

And this is also the deeper meaning behind the adventure for Carl. He wants to go on it for his late wife, Ellie. Since he is getting older, and almost put into an assisted living facility, he decides to embark on the adventure his wife always wanted to go on.

The passing of his wife had caused him pain for many years, and by going on her dream adventure, he is abolishing that pain while making both of their dreams come true.

As Carl goes on this adventure, he learns a lessen that many Type 7's do as they grow - to appreciate the small things in life. Sometimes, not everything has to be a grand adventure. The greatest adventures of all may be the small moments we live in each and every day.

Type 8 - "The Incredibles"

The Incredibles Giphy

"The Incredibles" is a great representation of how "The Challengers" are such a heroic type. Type 8's sometimes get a bad rap for being "aggressive," causing others to fear them.

Which is completely FALSE. But the superheroes from "The Incredibles" dealt with similar judgments. The civilians feared their powers, their strengths. They wanted them to subdue their talents, to be "controlled."

But like Type 8's, the Supers wanted to be in control of their own lives and destinies. So they began to use their powers again, challenging the status quo and saving the world from the villains.

The Supers, specifically Mr. Incredible, went from being an arrogant superhero who was angry at the world for not supporting his good deeds to truly achieving heroism at the end when he and his family had to show true courage by protecting each other and the world - and regaining control of their destiny while they were at it.

Type 9 - "The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh"

Winnie the Pooh Giphy

This underrated Disney movie is a perfect watch for "The Peacemakers." Winnie the Pooh is so relaxed and undeterred throughout all of his adventures during this movie.

He is the calming source among his diverse group of friends - sad Eeyore, hyper Tigger, and bubbly Piglet. Like Type 9's, Winnie the Pooh and his friends fear being lost or separated from each other, but Pooh creates harmony in his environment, despite the tribulations the friends may face throughout the movie - including a storm.

"The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh" shows Type 9's that while some things around them may change and become difficult, you can still maintain your sense of peace throughout it all.