Disney Channel's Golden Ages

Disney Channel's Golden Ages

From Raven's first vision to removing the Hannah wig.
1248

Disney Channel's Golden Ages started somewhere around the time Cory Matthews and Shawn Hunter were plotting to prank Mr. Feeny, and ended as soon as Miley Stewart took off the Hannah Montana wig. 90's kids had shows like Boy Meets World and Even Stevens, 00's kids had The Suite Life of Zack and Cody and Hannah Montana. If you were lucky enough to be born in the late 90's, you were able to grow up with both. I'll admit, I would totally watch any of these shows if I was fortunate enough to have the episodes recorded somewhere. Now, the entire network is unfortunately nothing like it used to be (with the exception of Girl Meets World, of course) and it leaves us old timer's reminiscent for the good old days, where we would tune in at 8 p.m. to see what Raven might get herself into next and laugh ourselves silly over an episode of Lizzie McGuire. Things aren't the same anymore, but that doesn't mean that old Disney Channel fans can't reminisce over what we used to know. Here is a list of every Disney Channel show worth remembering.

Life With Derek

Okay, if there wasn't a small part of you that was in love with Derek, you probably weren't watching the right show. In what could be called a modern-day version of the Brady Bunch, we watched a family blend and the main characters, Casey and Derek, learn to get along as step brother and step sister.

The Proud Family

This might be one of two cartoons on this list, but The Proud Family was really hilarious and totally entertaining and engaging. As viewers, we immediately loved Penny Proud and enjoyed watching her different experiences as a 14-year-old girl in middle school. And, let's face it: Sugar Mama was easily one of the funniest Disney Channel grandparents to ever exist.

Boy Meets World

There is no part of me that doesn't wish I had a love like Cory and Topanga, and I know I was not the only person who counted down the days until the release of Girl Meets World, the spinoff based on the original show. This show was wholesome and taught us all a lot about love, life and friendship. Not only did Cory have the world's best girlfriend/wife, he also had the world's best BFF. Cory and Shawn were best friends from the very start, and even though the characters were fictional, you could feel the connection between the actors who portrayed them.

Kim Possible

Not only was Kim Possible your basic average girl, she was also there to save the world. This show starred Kim and her best friend Ron Stoppable, Rufus the naked mole rat, and showed viewers their extremely adventurous missions to help save the world from evil. Ron Stoppable also showed us all that getting out of the friend zone is possible, no matter how deep in it you may be.

Lizzie McGuire

As preteen girls, we could all relate to Lizzie-- like, a lot. She wasn't ever the most popular girl in school, but she had a family who loved her, a crazy kid brother, big dreams and great friends. When the DCOM The Lizzie McGuire Movie came out, we all watched it again and again, and totally supported the relationship between Lizzie and Gordo.

Even Stevens

This was when you fell in love with Shia LeBouf, admit it. The Disney classic about a seventh grade misfit is easily one of the most underrated Disney shows of all time. Enough said.

Phil Of The Future

Okay, if your heart didn't get ripped out when Phil finally confessed his feelings for Keely and then left to go back to the future, you probably aren't a human being. This show was funny, down to earth and super original. Plus, Phil was super cute. I would watch this today if I could. Netflix, please get Phil Of The Future!

That's So Raven

That's So Raven was a show with so much hidden depth. So many important lessons were learned while watching this show. We learned about racism, theft and honesty, all while being completely entertained by Raven, Chelsea and Eddie's crazy adventures.

Hannah Montana

Hannah Montana was hilarious and wholesome, and it made every kid want to be the next wig-sporting teen pop sensation. Miley had such a cool life in her Malibu beach house and was able to double as a pop star, which was pretty freakin' awesome. None of it would have been possible without her great friends and awesome family. While I'm not exactly sure why the show ever had to end, I do know that I want an hour long reunion episode with the entire cast included pronto.

Last but not least...

The Suite Life of Zack and Cody

While this show was tainted a little bit when Disney decided it would be a good idea to put the cast members on a cruise ship for a twist, it's still a huge part of Disney's Golden Age. (Not the "On Deck" part, though. We don't claim the S.S. Tipton.) Cole and Dylan Sprouse played Zack and Cody Martin, two preteen guys who lived at the Tipton Hotel in Boston where their mother Carrie worked. Mr. Moseby, the hotel manager, was always catching the boys in their mischievous acts. This cast was probably one of the best that Disney Channel ever put together.

So, Disney Channel, give us a month where you just play these throwback shows all day and all night, I guarantee your ratings will totally skyrocket if you do. At the very least, can you work out some kind of deal with Netflix so that I can watch all of my favorite shows again?