Discovering Who You Really Are

Discovering Who You Really Are

The Best Part Of Getting Lost Is Finding Yourself..
135

Growing up I always wondered what type of person I was going to become. Was I going to be like my mom? Or even maybe my sister? I was so curious because I want to be that person that everybody loves, who people want to be friends with, and most importantly somebody who I knew my family would be proud of.

I faced many challenges growing up. Some I overcame, yet some I still deal with. I went through my parent's divorce, I was bullied throughout middle school and partially through high school, my grandmother was diagnosed with cancer, and I almost lost my sister while she was giving birth to my twin nieces, plus more (but you get the picture).

I have always been the shy girl; the girl that sat in class quite and praying that she would not get called on by the teacher. I have always been so paranoid about what everyone else would think of me I was always trying to fit in and hoping that they would like me.

The older I get the more I realize that all those things I was so worried about growing up were so dense. I was so caught up in the present and trying to fit in instead of really just trying to be me.

My mom always told me growing up, "stay true to who you really are." My mom could not be any more accurate. Staying true to who you are, your morals, and your faith is what molds you as a person and what sets you apart from everybody else.

Growing up I don't think we truly ever find out who we really are as we are always growing and learning from our past. I am 22 years old and I am still trying to find out who I really am. In life, we are faced with tough battles and in the real world, it is sometimes very easy to lose who we really are and just go with the flow.

When asking my mom to describe the type of person I am she said compassionate, outgoing, and ambitious( Thanks, mom). When asking my step-dad he said, beautiful, energetic, and happy (Hal you rock). When asking my best friend she said, spunky, selfless, and sweet (love you, Hailee). When asking my boyfriend he said, loving, caring, and unique (Brandon thanks for putting up with me).

So as I continue to grow into who I really am, I hope to take those traits that very important people in my life said about me. Because who they see me as is important and I want others to see e for who I am.

So to the girl that is trying to find herself, stay true to who you really are and don't give up on yourself because as an individual we all continue to grow and develop new unique characteristics that will stick with us. Attract what you expect, reflect what you desire, become what you respect, and mirror what you admire.

Life is not only about finding yourself, but discovering who God created you to be.