Dirty Chai: A new Popular Unknown Angel For Me

So called dirty weired combination,"Dirty Chai" or "Teafee" is on every cafe's unofficial secret menus.

35

Doesn't dirty chai sound kinda bad? Yes, it is. For people like me who always prefer their tea latte would not encourage the blending of it with coffee. I was smitten enough with my bestie to take a sip when she offered me her dirty chai at Starbucks and thence, the dirty chai has become my unknown angel. And, you would you believe, I am having my dirty chai as I am writing this?

While your all college mates are hailing their coffee mugs for the midterm season, I usually do not like to gulp that bitter taste down. If you are just like me in this case, go get yourself a cup of teafee or the dirty chai (I like this name tho) and you might regret why you haven't give it a shot earlier.

Dirty chai is basically a chai latte with a perfect espresso shot. You will find dirty chai on the Starbucks and other coffee shops' secret menu. Do not worry if you can't see this combination of tea and coffee on the menu, just simply ask them to make a tea latte with an added shot of espresso (A drink on the middle ground of a tea latte and a normal latte)

You can have your dirty chai hot or cold. Cold dirty chai can be in the form of blended latte or iced latte. The attractive thing about this dirty drink is you can choose how much you want your chai latte dirty. Ordering a chai latte with two espresso shots will make it a double dirty chai. If you are a cold brewed connoisseur, order 'iced dirty chai latte' or 'blended dirty chai latte'.

However, this chai is completely different than the authentic masala chai in India, but you would think you are having a drink which has cinnamon, ground cloves, cardamom pods and ginger. Coffee shops just add flavored syrups to make it taste like that. And never hesitate to order it more basic, order it with coconut milk or almonds if you love it.

This drink is a giant step for me in the quest of loving coffee. For you, it can just be another tasty drink and before just knocking it out of your orders at coffee shops, give it a shot!