I Didn't Plan To Join A Sorority. I'm So Glad I Did

Thank you all for coming into my life.
400

So I think I will start off this article by saying what the title already says: I never even had thoughts of joining a sorority since coming to college. I think the only thing that made me want to join a sorority in the first place was how I learned that there were other kinds than the social ones.

I began learning more about service fraternities and sororities when I was first introduced to the band service fraternity and sorority, Kappa Kappa Psi and Tau Beta Sigma. I went through recruitment for Tau Beta Sigma, but I didn’t end up getting a bid. But to my friends who did get bids and are now active sisters, I am so happy for all of you! You deserved it.

After that, I decided to just stick with doing marching band, get more involved with my major, and when spring semester comes around to get more involved with University Dance Alliance. Then I got information about a national service sorority called Omega Phi Alpha. I got more information through the info night and I learned that this is something I wanted to go out for again. My mom told me, after I told her that I was going to do the recruitment process again, to expect rejection if anything. I told her that I was.

Recruitment happened, and the day after black and white I received my bid via email after getting back to my room after breakfast.

So now, in conclusion, I would like to say to my now sisters,

I am so happy to now be part of this family. I am in a lot of families here at college now, but I couldn’t be happier that I found this one.

I don’t think that I could have met all the people that I have met through OPhiA. This group of girls really is a close-knit group.

To the 10 girls that were in the new member class with me, we did it! I can’t wait to see us grow with this sorority! I love you all.

Love,

Maddie