Florida Governor Talks 1984 Theory

Florida Governor Talks 1984 Theory

But that is the least of Governor DeSantis' worries. There are a lot of problems brewing in this state.

72
Florida Governor Talks 1984 Theory

The Governor of Florida is a hard-core supporter of the previous president, and I am sure even before he tossed his hat in the ring to run for Governor. I was not surprised to read in the Orlando Sentinel this morning an article titled "DeSantis vows to punish Big Tech," written by Greg Rohrer.

In the article, DeSantis used the reference to George Orwell's fictional book, "Nineteen Eighty-Four " as an excuse to call out the five big tech companies that curbed the rantings of his favorite insurrectionist and chief, as well as the websites that give credence to his platform. Honestly, this novel reveals the reality of Trumpism in all its fictional speculation.

The idea that we have politicians that are all for the propaganda from the far right and the far left as well, is where we are in 2021. Mind-boggling as it is. There is a congresswoman that believes that the fires in California were caused by a Jewish space laser. She also has called out the beheading of The Speaker of the House, Former President Obama, Secretary of State Clinton, not to mention her ad campaign showed her wielding an AR-15 and a photo of three congresswomen with the slogan, "I'm coming for you."

Now, what I truly don't understand is how she was even allowed to run for office, let alone get elected. Is the Republican party blind or just numb to this kind of hate speech? The media and all its glory has put her out on the front-lines mainly because the previous resident in the White House has moved to Florida and is not able to rant on Twitter about this stolen election. Mr. Trump's only recourse is to urge his supporters to get on the media airways and keep his ideology alive. Sad to say, the media has taken the bait and is giving this congresswoman the bully pulpit front and center stage.

But I digress, let's get back to the ills of the Governor of Florida. DeSantis has an uphill battle in the war on the pandemic, affordable housing, unemployment, as well as education. So why did he state in a news conference that he wants to take action against the giants of technology? One can maybe assume that DeSantis and Trump are cooking up some kind of political tag-team in hopes to get one of the Trump family members into the mainstream of politics in the next round of elections. My guess is Ivanka is going to run against Marco.

But that is the least of Governor DeSantis' worries. There are a lot of problems brewing in this state. There are also a lot of studies showing that there are plenty of conservative posts on the social media platform he is calling out. According to the Washington Post, "The claim of anti-conservative animus is itself a form of disinformation: a falsehood with no reliable evidence to support it," from a study it reported.

He is just concerned that he can't take the temperature of his bestie at any time of the day or night. The bill he brought forth hasn't been filed yet, and if he takes the temperature of the rest of his constituents in the state, he might find they have lost interest in how Mr. Trump feels about losing the election. We have all moved on to getting a vaccine and getting back to living our lives. We want to know when there will be vaccines in all the pharmacies in Florida not just in the Publix pharmacy that gave the Governor $100,000 PAC contribution as well as helped finance the hate speech the former president gave on January 6, 2021.

I think Mr. DeSantis might want to actually read the book because his proposal of this bill is quite Orwellian.