DemonTHON 2018

DemonTHON 2018

If you are looking to make a difference, keep reading.
78

ATTENTION:

It is important to recognize the fortunes that each of us have been blessed with in our lives. Despite personal struggles, it is imperative to remain grateful for the materialistic gifts, as well as the beautiful families and friends, that we have been given and surround ourselves with each day. Often times, we as individuals become so consumed with the smallest details of our own daily lives that we forget to look at the grand scheme of things. We let the fact that millions of people throughout the world that are stricken by tragedies such as hunger, homelessness, and illness slip away into the backs of our minds. We tend to disregard the fact that these misfortunes do not solely affect adults-they affect children and families as well. In the spirit of my sorority, Delta Gamma’s, motto, “Do Good,” I believe strongly in raising awareness of taking the time to give back to our community.

This spring, I am proud to share that I will be a participating member of Delta Gamma’s team in DemonTHON at DePaul University, a dance marathon that raises money and awareness for children that suffer from a wide range of illnesses, such as cancer, kidney disease, and cystic fibrosis (to name a few). Delta Gamma and the DePaul Community will be dancing for twenty-four hours to benefit the Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago on May 4th-5th. As a chapter, we have set a fundraising goal of $14,000 For The Kids, though we hold hopes of exceeding it.

In relation to our chapter, Delta Gamma works to serve and contribute to three main philanthropies-Service for Sight, Joining Forces, and The Golden Anchor Program, all connected to helping those who are blind or visually impaired. As an organization, we felt it was important to expand our efforts and contribute to yet another wonderful cause. In celebration of our efforts, we hope to spread awareness for all of the children affected by serious illnesses and contribute as much as we possibly can to Lurie Children’s Hospital in hopes of bettering the lives of our youth.

If you are interested in making a donation, I have attached the link to my page below. If you would like to make a donation to our team, go to http://events.dancemarathon.com/event/demonthon and type “Delta Gamma” in the search bar. All donations are greatly appreciated!

Donate to Gina Brennan’s Page:

https://events.dancemarathon.com/participant/Gina-Brennan