Demi Lovato's Relapse Overdose Could Happen To Anybody

Addiction Can Affect Anyone From Celebrities To You, And The Road To Recovery Is Not Always An Easy One

Famous people often have the same problems as you, sometimes worse.

156

It is approximately one week after Lovatics got some of the most devastating news in YEARS regarding Demi Lovato's mental and physical health.

If you are not a die-hard Lovatic, here is some insider: a few months ago, Demi posted that she had reached her 6-year sober mark. And by sober I don't mean from drinking (although it can be addicting), she was talking more about her eating disorder, drug use, and bipolar disorder. After seeking help, she had finally reached a point where she was better than she had been and was beginning her journey of being "sober."

Recently, she released a song, "Sober," explaining to family and fans worldwide that she has relapsed. This song was her way of apologizing and trying to keep everyone calm by saying she would fix things, seek help, etc.

Part of Demi's "Sober" stands out in particular as it is her apology:

Momma, I'm so sorry, I'm not sober anymore
And daddy, please forgive me for the drinks spilled on the floor
To the ones who never left me
We've been down this road before
I'm so sorry, I'm not sober anymore

Now, if you had not been a fan of Lovato's and had not been following her, and her story, for years on years, these few lines may seem like cheesy, cliche things to say. In reality, the sincerity in her voice rang throughout the hearts of all fans listening.

Many people, celebrities or not, may be able to relate to this song or Demi's own personal experiences on their own personal levels. My level is a bystander level. In my own life, I have unfortunately known people who needed help and refused to seek it, sought it and then relapsed, and thankfully many who have overcome all of these obstacles and have gotten clean.

Most of these people have had their own reasons for using or doing whatever they may have needed to recover from, but thankfully, they are all sober or are working to become sober. Regardless of their reason, relapse happens. Whether it be to someone as famous and able as Demi Lovato, or some random Joe Blow on the street, it can happen.

Judging someone solely based on one mistake they have made and then eventually made again does not make it any easier for this person to fully recover.

As for Demi, true Lovatics will take the time to understand what she is trying to deal with, and pray that she will overcome it. Through all of her adversities, she has and will push to get better not only for herself, but for her fans, family, and friends also.