Pray For Demi Lovato

Yes, Demi Lovato Still Deserves Our Support And Prayers

She is and always will be an icon

79

Demi Lovato is an icon for any girl born in the late 90s or early 2000s. Camp Rock and Sonny With a Chance are things that are near and dear to our hearts and Demi will always be one of the token Disney Darlings that we will always adore.

Along with her many talents, she has some demons of her own. Demi has openly struggled with addiction, eating disorders, and was diagnosed with bipolar disorder in 2011. She was and still is determined to not let anything bring her down and has tackled her personal issues head on for most of her adult life. She is a force to be reckoned with and is stronger than she even believes or knows to be true.

But sometimes people fall down. Demi recently relapsed after 6 years of sobriety. But she didn't try to hide it. Demi is known for being accountable for her actions and has become a beacon of light and support system for everyone struggling in their own life. She even released a song called Sober in June of 2018 that includes the lyrics :

"To the ones who never left me, we've been down this road before, I'm so sorry I'm not sober anymore" and

:"I'm sorry that I'm here again, I promise I'll get help. It wasn't my intention, I'm sorry to myself"

On July 24th, 2018 Demi Lovato overdosed in her home and was rushed to the hospital. Thanks to paramedics, doctors, nurses, and the possible use of Narcan she is awake and alive.

We have seen this narrative time and time again in Hollywood where celebrities die of drug overdoses because they have access to everything and no one to truly care about them. Drug addiction can affect anyone in any social class. Celebrities die every year by overdosing and we are so lucky that we didn't lose Demi the same way.

Demi Lovato is only 25 years old and is one of the richest and well- known celebrities out there, yet I'm sure she feels like the loneliest person in the world. When you have that star status and have been famous since you were a child, you have no idea who has your best interests at heart. She's been overworked and pulled in twenty different directions since she was on Barney and Friends in 2002.

Demi even sang a song called La La Land in 2008 about the craziness and fake world that is Hollywood.

Everyone from fans to big A-List celebrities have showered her with support, prayers, and well wishes, yet she has also been thrown a lot of hate in this very dark time. Narcan is a very controversial drug because some people don't view drug addiction as the disease that it is and view it as a choice. They feel that if you choose to do drugs then you should not get to be saved should you overdose. Again, the story is still developing and it is only speculated that Narcan was used to save her.

The bottom line is that Demi Lovato deserves all of our prayers and positive thoughts. She is a very brave woman who is going through a very hard time and she needs all of the support she can get. People don't deserve to be told that the should not have been saved. No one deserves to be told that they deserved it or had it coming. Demi Lovato is an addict who is brave and trying to get better. Hopefully, this will be her very last relapse and she will have a quick and permanent recovery this time.