Delicious New Mexico green chile

Delicious New Mexico green chile

green chile

21
Delicious New Mexico green chile

Mexico, the land of (among other things) the chili pepper

There are heaps of different types of Mexican chili peppers; one is slightly milder in taste than the other. But which one is the best to use in your salsa? We are happy to tell you all about it!

The chili pepper has been used in certain parts of the world since long and it is therefore one of the oldest agricultural crops in the world.

They are used chili by chefs for cooking, but also as a medicine against toothache. Even before the Spaniards came to Mexico, there were already dozens of varieties of chili peppers. There are more than 33 species that are cultivated, but there are still many wild ones.

The best Mexican Green Chile

As a dish, Green chile is one food that is loved by most of us. But the question which arise is that from where does one can find the best green chile?

People want to know if it has other varieties and how it tastes like? Is it spicy and what are its ingredients?

Let us begin by eliminating some of the most famous myths. Hatch chilies are everyone's favourite. They are simply chiles cultivated in Hatch, New Mexico that are hot and sweet with a smoky overtone, maybe due to their climate. As per flavor is concerned then it can be spicy or mild, depending on the variety of chile grown.

How to make Delicious New Mexico green chile?

In this article you will find the amazing recipe of delicious New Mexico Green Chile like Albuquerque's Original Chile Roaster.

What Ingredients do we need?

Following are the major ingredients that one must have in order to make the delicious Green Chiles.

3 T vegetable oil

1 chopped onion

3 garlic cloves minced

2 T flour

1.5 cup chopped mild green chiles

½ c chopped hot green chili

1/2 t ground cumin

Pinch of Mexican oregano

2 c chicken stock into hot water as a soup.

1 t salt

How to prepare Delicious Mexican Green Chiles?

First of all, you need to heat oil in a pan and then add some onions. Once adding them you need to cook it for about 5 minutes and add garlic afterwards.

Then Second step is to cook them for another minute. Stir in flour and again cook for 1-2 minutes. Don't stop stirring so you can prevent the flour from burning. In this way it will you don't get a floury taste rather a flavorful one.

Thirdly, add some chilies, pour in stock and your seasonings. Add some salt for taste and change it according to your taste if necessary.

At the end you have to boil it over medium heat. After that cook for about 15 to 30 minutes on a low simmer that is covered.

However, for a thicker version add more broth or water. Or the other way is that you can cook it for longer, this way your chile will have a softer texture.