Deflategate Part 173,002,000.5

Deflategate Part 173,002,000.5

They Hate Us Cuz They Ain't Us

10
Deflategate Part 173,002,000.5
Tom Brady

Rally the town, get your pitchforks, Dictator Goodell did it again. Tom Brady is suspended for the first four games of the 2016-2017 season. Deja vu at its finest. Unfortunately, I don't see Brady coming out on top this time. If Brady were to fight this ruling, realistically a ruling wouldn't be made until the season starts, at that point, Brady would have probably started serving the suspension. So what is going on here?

Sir Roger Goodell and the rest of the NFL made it their mission to stick it to Bill Belichick, one of the most successful, yet nonconforming coach in the NFL. Belichick is none for his brief press conferences, and melancholy attitude. If you have played any Madden games in the last 3 years and have used the Patriots, if you look on the game to see who the coach is the name is some generic name such as "Chad Masters", the reason for this is Belichick not selling his rights to EA Sports. Belichick coaches to win, not to please the NFL. For this reason, Roger Goodell feels like Belichick needs to "bend the knee."

The best way to cripple a successful coach is to take away two very important things, its starting Quarterback and first round draft picks. That is what Goodell set out to do, so him and his cronies devised a plan to make Belichick conform to Goodell's power. Peyton Manning was linked to steroid use a few months ago and Goodell and the NFL have conducted no investigation, or made any ruling, the reason being was that Peyton Manning brought the NFL lots of money, and Manning had ties to Goodell's friends, and ESPN analysts.

Tom Brady is the victim of a sting operation created by Roger Goodell and NFL. Teams break, and bend the rules all the time. Whether it be the Falcons pumping in artificial noise into their stadiums, or the Broncos for violating salary caps, neither of these incidents led to the suspension of the teams best player, and the loss of a first round pick. The Broncos lost some money, and 2 third round picks for the incident, and the Falcons lost a 5th round pick. These punishments are nowhere near the punishment handed down to the Patriots for the crime of Tom Brady possibly knowing that the footballs used in the AFC Championship Game were deflated.

I recently taught a lesson to my education class about what happens to balloons when they are put in a freezer. The balloons actually deflate a little when they are in a freezer for ten minutes because the molecules slow down as they cool. This is a lesson that can be taught to third and forth graders, but the NFL can't comprehend the elementary science behind it. The All Knowing Goodell doesn't want to listen to the facts, he just wants to reel in the loose cannon coach.

Many fans would be worried about their team losing a first ballot Hall of Fame, Living God, Quarterback, but me, I'm not worried at all and the rest of Patriot Nation shouldn't be worried either. Jimmy Garoppolo, a 3rd-year backup has been working with Tom Brady everyday, and now finally gets his chance. Garoppolo was a star at Eastern Illinois, the same FCS school that Tony Romo played at. In his senior year, Garoppolo threw 53 touchdowns and only 9 interceptions.

Jimmy clearly has the potential to be great, and the rest of the Patriot squad on paper is leaps and bounds better than any other team in the NFL. With Edelman, and Amendola at WR, Gronk, and Martellus Bennett (both pro bowlers), and Dion Lewis the Patriots have plenty of assets at their disposal. On the defensive side of the ball, the Patriots return 7 starters and brought in Chris Long, a former Pro Bowl Defensive End. I'm just as mad as the rest of New England at the joker named Roger Goodell, but in reality, the Patriots will be just fine, and will end the year as Superbowl champs.