​A Definitive Ranking Of The 11 Best Christmas Activities

The guide to your perfect holiday break.

20
everypixel.com

Who’s excited for the holiday season that’s right around the corner? There are so many holiday activities and so little time over break to do them. Don’t you worry your little jolly spirited heart, because I have ranked all the traditional holiday activities so you know how to prioritize your time.

10. Christmas Caroling

Walking around in the cold singing to people who don’t want to hear you sing does not sound that appealing. Honestly, I only included this activity on the list to tell you not to do it at all.

9. Making Gingerbread House

This seems like a fun idea until you start to do it. You have to either bake all the necessary pieces, which is very time consuming, or spend about $15 on supplies. Not to mention assembling the house is extremely difficult and there is a 100% chance it will fall apart at least once. This fun holiday baking craft is actually the worst because in the end you’ll just throw it out.

8. Sledding

This is only a viable option if you are in a snowy location and even then I do not recommend highly. No matter how much bundling you do, snow will get everywhere and you’ll cold for hours afterwards.

7. Taking Family Christmas Pictures

This is such a pain to do because someone will be complaining the whole time and someone will be blinking in almost every picture, but the results are worth it. And yes, the matching Christmas pajamas are necessary.

6. Binge Watching Holiday Movies

During breaks, I love a good binge watching session. Binging Christmas movies is a great way to get you in the spirit, but there are also many other things to binge that you haven’t seen before and so little time.

5. Ice Skating

This is the perfect outdoor winter activity because you can bundle up in your cute winter clothes you have been saving and take a bunch of cute pictures. However be aware that rental skates will hurt your feet no matter how many pairs of socks you wear.

4. Driving Around Looking at Christmas Lights

From tacky to tasteful decor, the lights will get you in the festive mood and you don’t have to go outside in the cold.

3. Christmas Shopping

Shopping is great, and holiday shopping is even better because they have so many awesome deals and packages that stores make it easy. It is also weirdly rewarding when you find the perfect present for everyone on your list.

2. Decorating the Christmas Tree

Getting a tree or putting together a fake one can be a little tough, but decorating the tree is great. Throw on some Christmas jams, recruit the family for help, and spend some quality time making your house extra festive. Bonus: you get to see all the ridiculous Christmas ornaments you crafted in elementary school for your mom again and reminisce the old days.

1. Making/Decorating Cookies

This is THE BEST Christmas activity. It is a ton of fun to do with family and friends of all ages. Not to mention the result isn’t just quality time well spent with people you love but you also have an absurd amount of cookies now.