Reminder: You Are More Important Than A Label

Society likes to put labels on people, so just remember that no matter what, you are more than what you are labeled.

22

Labels are something that we have dealt with for a long time now. Just because someone or society labels you, it doesn't mean that it's actually what you are or the only thing you are. Labels are designed to put people in a small box and designed to make extraordinary people feed ordinary.

Each person is made unique and special. Just because one person or a group of people say you are something doesn't mean it's true. You have the power to decide what you want to be in life.

Ever since I was little I was told that I could be whatever I wanted. My parents encouraged me to follow my own path and to do what I want to do no matter what it was, including my desire to be a trashman when I was 3.

When I got to high school, people started labeling me. It is something natural that people do and something that society has now trained us to do. I was labeled as bold, loud, and someone with a strong personality, all of which I was OK with and embraced. As I got older though, I realized that's not all that I am and I can choose to be whatever I want.

I decided that I wanted to be someone important and do something important in this world. I wanted to work hard for what I desired and to make my own way and pave my own path. I love who I am and I don't listen to anyone when they label me, because I know that I am my own person and can be whatever I want to be.

Whenever someone labels you or starts to say that you are a certain way, remember that you don't have to let them be right. Just because someone has something that they want to believe about you doesn't mean it's true. Sometimes people label others and say things about them to make themselves feel better. It's important to remember to always stay true to yourself, what you want to be in life, and what you want for your life, because we only get one.

Next time someone says something about you, what you do, or how you act, don't believe them. You make your own labels and you create your own story. Don't worry if you didn't get the job that you wanted because they were looking for a certain bland person, there are more jobs out there. If someone doesn't like you because of how you act or what you do, let them go to someone else.

There are more people in this world. Define yourself. Live a life you want to remember. Do what you want. And don't forget to believe in yourself, because you are worth it.