In Defense Of Drugstore Cosmetics

In Defense Of Drugstore Cosmetics

We aren’t famous celebrities, and we can’t afford to wear makeup like one.

32
In Defense Of Drugstore Cosmetics
lephenomenalwoman

As rich and fancy as a girl feels when she gets to use MAC eye shadow, or Chanel lipstick, or even the ridiculously priced Urban Decay Naked palette, there is normally something exactly like it, (or even better) for a decent price at the drugstore.

When did makeup become so serious? This new obsession with MAC lipstick, (which is $17 dollars for a tube) is crazy. Personally, I would rather buy 17 tubes of Wet and Wild lipstick for a dollar, and have the variety. Plus, if you're already planning to drop $17 on lipstick, may as well be able to pick out 17 colors. Look up lipstickdupe.com and you can see a list of lipstick equivalents to MAC (if you're really that concerned).

Of course, I love an O.P.I. or Essie manicure just like anyone else, but when each bottle costs $8 to $10, wanting to have a lot of colors adds up. Funky Fingers nail polish from Five Below works just as well, and they have such fun colors and varieties. You can look below to see the quality is basically the same.

The Naked palette is something I have debated getting for a while; I mean, who doesn’t like beautiful, shiny nude eye shadows? But after a trip to the drug store, I found a Cover Girl palette that has the same colors for less money. I have the Cover Girl palette below and it came in multiple packs. I'd rather buy 10 of the Cover Girl palettes for the price of the Naked Palette. Why spend over $50 when you can spend under $10 for something similar?

My favorite two mascaras are both drugstore brands. One is NYC and one is Cover Girl. Any other mascara that I have used, especially the expensive brands, haven’t been as good. Eyeliner, too. Ulta brand eyeliner is my savior, and it’s definitely the best eyeliner I have ever used.

So, now that you know all of this, think. With all of the money you’d be saving to basically rip the brand name off of your makeup, you probably wouldn’t be as broke of a college student as you already are.