College Is A Clean Slate, High School Seniors, Take Advantage Of It

These decisions will change your world.
722

I have lived a constant routine my entire life. I wake up, go to school, go to practice, do my homework, repeat. In the fall, it was soccer. In the winter, it was basketball. In the spring, it was track. I had everything figured out. But soon that was all going to change.

College means starting over. Everything I have always known, all of the firm foundations I have built, relationships I have maintained, and reputations I have developed are in the past. This is my clean slate. Am I ready for it?

There are so many decisions to be made. Where are you going to go? What are you going to study? Are you going to pursue a collegiate athletic career? All of these questions are spiraling through your mind before you've even accepted your high school diploma.

I chose to completely flip my world upside down. I chose to attend Bowling Green State University. I chose not to pursue a collegiate athletic career with the intention of being able to put myself out there and get involved in activities I've never had the chance to do. I chose to pursue education, just to realize two weeks into my first semester that my passion lies elsewhere. I went from living a life where everything was planned out and permanent, to a life where things that used to be constant, are changing all the time.

This lifestyle flip has been a roller coaster. The best I can do is strap on my seat belt and enjoy the ride. It is going to have its curves and flips, but it's these obstacles that will help me become the woman I am striving to be.