15 Songs To Help You Get Through The New Year

My December 2016 Spotify Playlist

27
flickr

Music helps everyone every day. It soothes the soul, helps you get over a heart-ache and it gets you ready to conquer the day or start a work out. Music has been a part of me since I was a child and my mom used to quiz me over artists on the radio. It brings people together and it diversifies us.

I've been making a monthly playlist for a few months now it's actually helped me when I don't know what to listen to. I have a pretty diverse sense of music (except the majority of country music, I refuse to listen to it). It helps me listen to many kinds of artists and styles all in one playlist rather than major hits or just grunge music.

Here is my December 2016 Playlist:

1. "Shameless" - The Weeknd

I don't know what it is about this song but it's smooth and it's chill. The perfect start to a month of winter and finals.

2. "yes girl" - Bea Miller

This song is powerful. Dealing with a manchild or douchebag (or a similar term that is too graphic for my mother too read) is a difficult occasion but it happens too often. This song empowers women to take what they want and to not take orders from anyone. It's also super catchy.

3. "Bad Things" - Machine Gun Kelly + Camila Cabello

This song is a guilty pleasure song. It's sweet chorus paired with MGK's lines are perfect. It's the new Closer and I love it.

4. "Back From The Edge" - James Arthur

I found this song when I was testing out new playlists on Spotify and it was cool, I originally passed it but then I came back to it and it was cool.

5. "Dear Agony" - Breaking Benjamin

This song (and the next one) are throwbacks to when I was younger and my mom and I would listen to rock music in the car.

6. "I Will Not Bow" - Breaking Benjamin

This song was my original hype song. I got pumped whenever it came on. I also used to be a head banger (very light head banger but it still happened and now I've matured into a head bobber which is much less painful).

7. "Inside Out" - Eve 6

Another throwback. Found it on a 90s punk playlist while cruising one night and I had to put it on my playlist.

8. "Ways To Go" - Grouplove

Another playlist crossover that is too upbeat and fun to ignore. It also has a sweet message if you want to feel human for a moment.

9. "Pretty Face" - Public

Fun song, upbeat, and the band isn't hard to look at.

10. "Gorgeous (Live - Upstate Sessions)" - X Ambassadors

The studio version of this song is good, it's pretty and it kind of resonates inside of me and too be honest... it makes me feel gorgeous.

11. "Cure" - Barcelona

This song is weird but I can dig it. It became a hit with me.

12. "Finish Line" - Jannine Weigel

This song is cool because it's also empowering and it tells you to keep going and cross the finish line. Perfect for finals don't you think?

13. "Ruin" - Shawn Mendes

This song is a sweet ballad that makes you feel all the feels (that's totally possible). He's also super attractive.

14. "Guys My Age" - Hey Violet

I found this song when I was browsing on the Discovery section of Snapchat, they had an acoustic version of it and it was great. I knew this band when they were still Cherri Bomb and they went through some trouble and now they're back and better than ever.

15. "Famous" - Kanye West

I was listening to the Top Tracks of 2016 playlist on Spotify and this one caught me. This song is great, catchy and it puts Taylor on blast (tiny blast).

This playlist is still growing until the middle of December when I will start to create my January playlist. Follow me here!