How To Have A Very Merry Disney Christmas

The low down on what the Walt Disney World Resort is offering this holiday season
7

It’s the most wonderful time of the year, and here in Florida, it actually finally feels like it. However, even when the sun is beating down and it’s hot, Disney makes sure to make it feel like Christmas is upon us. Not that we have the heat to deal with this December, but a trip to Disney over the holidays is a heightened magical experience that only comes around once a year. This year, they are rolling out more and more events to make the holidays at the parks a magical experience for all.

Everyone knows that Magic Kingdom is transformed overnight from Halloween decor to Christmas decor once November rolls around, but most don’t think about the other parks. Massive Christmas trees are erected in each of the four parks, as well as Disney Springs. They are all themed to the park; Hollywood Studios is movie themed, Epcot is World Showcase themed, Animal Kingdom has tons of animal influence, and Magic Kingdom has the good old regular tree, but totally amped up.

Speaking of the World Showcase, Epcot is offering the Festival of the Holidays, where you can travel to each country in the showcase and sample food, drinks, and specialty desserts. There is also holiday themed merchandise all around the park.

Hollywood Studios is presenting Sunset Seasons Greetings, a fantastic projection show right on the Hollywood Tower of Terror. They also are bringing back the firework spectacular of Jingle Bell Jingle BAM. Whatever show you choose to see, they make it snow so it actually feels a little bit like Christmas, no matter the temperature.

Of course, at Magic Kingdom, you can participate in Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, a separate ticketed event on select evenings. If that’s not your jam, the Kingdom is decked out for the holidays and there are plenty of festive treats and merchandise to scope out.

If you’re looking for a more low key evening, Disney Springs has the Christmas Tree Trail, which showcases many Christmas trees, each decorated to a specific Disney movie or theme. Disney Springs is also a great place to look for Christmas gifts or admire the lights and ambiance. Plus, you can visit the Christmas store, open all year round!

For me, it isn’t quite Christmas without a trip to Disney to see all it has to offer. It truly is mind-blowing what they can do in such a short amount of time. And it’s not just in the parks either, the resorts also offer special Christmas events and decor. All in all, the holidays are truly magical no matter where you spend them.