The Death Of The United States Of America

Ranting from a tired 24-year-old young woman.

41
Igor Ovsyannykov

I am completely clueless on what I am doing. People say you have time to decide—have your whole life ahead of you.

Oprah didn’t start being her until she was 35; Obama wasn’t who he was meant to be until he was 40, blah…blah…blah…. People say you have freedom, but it’s damn hard to say you do with $7.25 as the minimum wage. We have goals and dreams too, but we are told: go to school, get the A’s, work full-time, get benefits, make sure you have insurance, plan for retirement, save your money. It sounds like an assembly line, waiting until my next screw gets installed. We are made to be like robots in this society—everything on a straight and narrow path. How am I supposed to know what to do when we aren’t taught the skills of life? Or how about when we have to have our life in order by the age of 26? What kind of bullshit is that?

The economy is shit. I am rounding back to the minimum wage. What item can you buy at the store for $7.25 today? One day’s wages is 58 dollars before tax. That is like butter—slippery and spreadable. $58 is nothing compared to the amount of debt you obtain. Heck, even $100 doesn’t get you very far anymore. Do you remember when you were a kid, and 20 dollars felt like 100? Now, it’s the complete opposite! I get a paycheck of 700 dollars, and that is completely gone within a week and a half! Between savings, loans, payments and what else have you, you barely have enough to spend anything on yourself. I can tell you one thing; 15 dollars an hour isn’t going to be enough. It should be 24 by the way everything rose in the economy.

The stupid part about the economy is the population is ruled by the 1 percent. And those of the 1 percent have us 99 percent fighting against each other on a daily basis while not giving a rat’s ass. They own the government, and the government is at war with the poor and the sick. If you have a preexisting condition, you are not covered. Basically, you think you can live—think again! They lobby for their own gain (aka, the Pharmaceutical Companies). Do you want to know why? Because cancer is a multi BILLION dollar industry. You have chemo and radiation which doesn’t work, but they make money off you until the day you die. It’s a fend for yourself kind of world out there now.

Now, what is this crap about pulling out of the Paris Agreement? We have to protect our natural environment, or else we have nothing left! The day the last tree falls because of humanity, is the day we die as a species. The environment and forest is the way we live, we breath! We keep tearing up the ground and anything living, when there are other solutions out there: hemp, solar power, wind power and other solutions. We need earth to stay alive, not suck its fossil fuels out of every crevice while simultaneously destroying our fresh water systems at the same time! And you wonder why there are laws which are in place to PROTECT the earth.

The worst part is we are going back in history. There are Nazis in Virginia, trying to take control of their environment. White supremacy terrorism is on the rise in the United States. And that is due to one man—Donald Trump. Are you that shocked though? We’ve seen what he is like in the office and outside of it. He is sitting back—on his thrown—and watching as the country fails. He aims for it. And the stupid part is, the people didn’t put him there—the electoral votes did. The few outweighed the many. And now, everything is going to become that much harder on everyone. Whether it is personally, company wise or economically, we are fucked. There goes my retirement help from the government!