Dear Senator Cruz

Dear Senator Cruz

From, A Conservative Millennial
10

Dear Senator Cruz,

The election season ended last Tuesday evening, and while I submitted my absentee ballot weeks ago, I still felt so incredibly sad on election night about not being able to check the "Cruz-Fiorina" box on the ballot. It was an honor to work for your presidential campaign and an even greater honor to cast my first ever vote for you on Super Tuesday. Your campaign meant so much to me, as it did to many other conservative millennials looking for the truest conservative in the race.

While you may not have gotten the nomination, you were by far the most deserving candidate and you had the best resume. Not only are you a great senator who goes above and beyond in your job, you had numerous notable academic achievements in high school and college and you clerked for the Supreme Court. America would have been lucky to have you as our president and your beautiful family as our first family. Not to mention, Carly Fiorina would have been the first female vice president, and a great one at that, so that would have been even more amazing.

Thank you so much for defending our rights every day in your job and in front of the Supreme Court. I hope that Trump will be smart enough to put you on the Supreme Court-- and if he isn't, then I really hope you'll run for president again. Like, really, can you please run for president again? It takes courage to stand up for what is right, and that's what you do for a living. I was even more proud to be a Cruz supporter after your amazing speech at the Republican National Convention. We really need you involved in our government in some way, shape or form. Please never stop fighting for all of our conservative values and our rights as Americans. It was my honor to join your fight in your campaign, and I look forward to hopefully doing it again in a few years (PLEASE!)

No matter what ends up happening with this new president, I know that I will always be guilt free no matter how things turn out, because you were my only real choice in this issue. I may have voted my conscience in the general election, but my choice in the primary was Cruz. On the night you visited my state for a campaign event, I tried my hardest to get out of my shift at my part time job, it was October of my senior year and I was taking AP Government at the time, so I was really invested in the upcoming primaries and who I should vote for. Unfortunately, I didn't end up making it to the rally, but I do hope to meet you one day just so I can express how much of an impact you have had on my life.

In a country that is going very left, very fast, it was refreshing to me that there are still people in Washington that are going to keep our values in mind. I know that sometimes change is inevitable, but I really appreciate all of the work you do for conservatism. It's inspired me to get involved, and I'm actually considering becoming a senator myself one day.

Lastly, thank you for fighting until the bitter end and having a lot of class. It took a lot of dignity and hard work to run the campaign that you did. I'm so glad that the first vote I that I ever cast was for you, and for liberty.

Sincerely,
A Conservative Millennial