To My High School Friends

To My High School Friends

Miss you guys.
7

I want to say a few words before I start my "letter" to my high school friends. I don't have that many high school friends that I keep in touch with now, which sounds sad but people fall out of touch and in college I did find that it was hard to keep in touch.

I sort of realized after I graduated that there were a lot of people that I was friends with that weren't necessarily bringing positive energy into my life. I haven't kept in touch with a lot of people just because I realized that I don't want any "friends" in my life, and by "friends" I mean people that you pretend to be friends with but in reality you could really care less about them.

This letter is for the people that I am close to now and that were genuinely my friends in high school. Now, don't get me wrong, I had a great time in high school with people I probably won't ever talk to again, and I definitely have nothing against those people or any of the people that I went to school with. I just hope my actual high school friends read this article and realize how much I actually miss them and still care about them. There were a lot of people that I became close to after graduation, and I still count you guys as my high school friends. Hopefully, you guys know who you are. Now for the actual letter...

Hey, hi, how are you?

There are some of you that I really don't talk to that much, but I wish we kept in touch more. In high school, you guys were the people that were there for me throughout all the dumb drama that Worcester Academy seemed to be filled with. There was no escaping it since it was literally everywhere. I felt like I could trust you and I felt like you always had my well-being at heart. There are so many good memories that I shared with you, and I am forever grateful that I had you in my life.

They say that you don't really realize who you're true friends are until after high school, and although this is partially true, I knew from the beginning that you guys would always be there for me. I am so thankful for that. I wish I could see a lot of you guys on a regular basis because I do actually miss every single one of you.

I have a few photo collages hanging in my room, and every once in a while I glance at it and it reminds me of how much I miss you. Now, there are some people that I see or talk to almost every single day (Katherine Johnson, Sean Finn). I can't really say I miss you terribly but I can definitely say that I am so happy that you are still in my life and I hope we can continue remain friends for a really long time.

I hope that a lot of you read this letter and remember all the good times we had together, and I know I will make an effort to see every single one of you this summer!

Love,

Emma