A Letter To Mid-Semester Me From Beginning-Of-The-Semester Me
Education

You're probably crying in the library right now...

41
Madelene Whitfield

Dear Mid Semester Me,

Hiiiiii. You're probably on your fifth cup of coffee, losing your marbles in the library right now. It's me...well you...it's us. It's only the second week of school and I can already tell that we have a long semester ahead of us. But you probably already know that, being future me and whatnot.

I'm writing this for you to read when you're on your last nerve with classes and outside commitments while trying to have a social life, sleep schedule and also eat every now and then. I'm writing this to tell you to take a step back and take a deep breath which unless it's on our schedule, won't be happening. But do it because I know us and we're gonna need it.

Don't forget to take care of your health first. Take your vitamins, try to fit in a workout routine, don't pull all-nighters because as we learned from experience, getting a good night's sleep is way more important than trying to cram in a month's worth of information the night before a test. Eat at least two meals a day. Drink liquids other than coffee and booze (*cough* water *cough*). Call mom, listen to some Beyonce and cuddle with your cat.

Keep reminding yourself that after this semester, it will be smooth sailing for the rest of the year. You can do this. Crying is appropriate but try not to scare the other students in the library. As long as you stay focused and balance your time so you can take mental breaks, you'll be just fine.

Everyone is going to be slightly more stressed than usual so you're not alone! Luckily, it's more appropriate during this time to go a few days without showering or wearing makeup. But at least change your shirt so people don't think you're completely off your rocker. Also, try not to mutter to yourself while walking on the Quad...as we learned, you will get weird looks from fellow students.

In one more semester, we will be walking across the stage in your cap and gown (*screams*) and then the real stress will begin. This is a walk in the park compared to what we're about to endure in the ~real~ world. So take this time to enjoy yourself and our last months of undergrad! We're going to miss this even though you might not think so right now. Don't let all the upcoming tests and projects and due dates take away from everything else that we should be doing like spending time with our friends and going out every now and then. We have the rest of our life to be serious so loosen up, girlfriend!

I know we're a busy woman so Imma let you go and get back to whatever we were stressing over prior to this reminder. We got this. We're going to be okay.

Love,

Beginning-Of-The-Semester Me