A Letter To Myself Down The Road

A Letter To My Future Self, I Hope You've Lived A Life You're Proud Of

Thank you for all of your hard work. I cannot wait to live the beautiful life we have created.

453
Emily Yaritz

Hey you,

I hope you're doing well. Gosh, I have so many questions for you. Did you marry the man of your dreams or did someone unexpected comes along and steals your heart? How many kids do you have? Where do you live now? What's your career? Did you end up going to graduate school? Are you living a life that is anything like I pictured it?

I know I can't know the answers to these questions for a while but here are a few things I hope you kept in mind.

First and foremost, I hope you have the family you always dreamed of. I hope you always put first. Em, I know you, you always work your tail off and that sometimes comes at the expense of your personal life. I hope you have your priorities straight. Money is great but don't forget about what's most important at the end of the day.

In regards to your career, I hope you went to graduate school and got the job you dreamt of as a little kid. I hope you chose the path that you wanted rather than the path others wanted you to take. I know you were anxious about all the choices you were facing, but I hope you bet on yourself and took the risk. You were always more capable than you ever gave yourself credit for. I hope you are your biggest supporter, you deserve that.

I hope you haven't forgotten where you came from. I hope you don't let success go to your head. Success is good for your ego but bad for your character, don't forget that.

I hope you haven't lost your grateful heart and I hope you are living every moment like it could be your last.

I hope you have kept in touch with the people who have had the greatest impact on you.

All in all, I just hope that you have lived a life that you would relive all over again without a second thought. I hope you don't have any regrets. I hope you weren't scared to take risks. I hope you have lived a life that you are proud of.

See you soon,

Your younger self