To The Girl I Used To Call My Best Friend, This One's For You

I couldn't be where I am without you doing what you did.

694
Unsplash

Hey girl,

It’s hard to say what went wrong, and it’s sad to see where we are now compared to where we used to be. I never thought this would happen to us. I genuinely thought we would be best friends our entire lives. You were going to be one of my bridesmaids.

It’s weird; I still find myself laughing at our old inside jokes and good times we had. It’s weird not talking to you every day anymore. Although now they’re just memories in my head, thank you for sharing some of the best moments with me.

Although we went our separate ways, I still wish you the absolute best, and I would never wish anything negative upon you.

I never thought you would turn into this mean, inconsiderate, and petty person.

It was more than just an argument. You went out of your way to make my life miserable and I really hope you take pride in that. You belittled me and never cared to put yourself in my shoes. You only cared about yourself. If you didn’t get your way, you threw a fit.

I always apologized for things I never did wrong but did it anyway for the sake of our friendship. I tried to fix our friendship, but it takes two to tango. I obviously wasn’t that important to you. What happened was easily fixable, but you turned your back on me.

With that being said, I owe you a huge thank you.

Thank you for doing what you did, because you led me down a much better path.

I am so much happier and my heart is so full. I have experienced and done things that I would have never gotten to do if you were still in my life. I now have friends who support me and won’t get mad at me when I do something for myself. I have now met the women who will actually be my future bridesmaids.

I don't know how you're doing, but all I know is that I couldn't be better. My life has only gone uphill since we went our separate ways and I am forever grateful for it.

So again, thank you for doing what you did. Thank you for leading me down the best path I could have taken. I owe it all to you, girl.

Sincerely,

Your Ex-Best Friend