To some of you, End Goal may be a new term. To others, you know exactly what I am talking about. I have been hearing this term more and more and started to feel for all those End Goal people out there. If you have ever been called an End Goal it means you (girl or guy) are someone’s ideal partner but just not right now. Hmmm, is that a compliment? This title can feel like a double edged sword. On one side, someone really cares for you but on the other side, the timing is just not right. Having this said to you could be hurtful but I am here to tell all you End Goals that you are worth waiting for! Whether it is the person who originally gave you this title or someone down the road, you are still someone’s End Goal. Take this title as a compliment and roll with it.

Embrace the compliment

Finally all those early mornings of curling your hair and doing your makeup paid off… Kidding of course! Take pride in the fact that someone referred to you as this and embrace a compliment from someone else other than your mom. Oftentimes, we are our own harshest critics. So stop putting yourself down and take a second to embrace the compliment.

Know your worth

Before you can ever be happy with someone else (whether now or down the road) you must first know your own worth. Odds are if you are reading this, you’re pretty damn great. Understand that yes someone may have said “not now” but that by no means lowers your own self-worth. Someone was confident enough in you to associate your name with the future. People do not typically do this lightly. More often than not the people who waited out the “not the right time” scenario grew into their best selves during this period.

Live in the present

One of the hardest things is to live in the present moment. With so much constantly going through our heads, it is easy to be distracted by the past or future. I am telling you to live in the present. Do not forget about that person who called you an End Goal but also live in the moment. Make all the memories you can during this allotted time then you’ll have great stories to tell the person who becomes your End Goal.

Please End Goals, do not ever feel like you have been pushed aside. You have not! He/she of course cares about you… a lot about you! Do not change who you are or what you stand for because someone out there thinks you are great just the way you are. Though at first it may not seem like it, being an End Goal is an incredible compliment. Embrace your new title with poise and strength. After all, no one wants to be someone’s Start Goal. I wish you the best of luck with that person you’re crazy about!