Dear Church: A Thank You

Dear Church: A Thank You

Thank you for helping me find myself in Christ.

19
Dear Church: A Thank You
Suzie Temple

Dear Church,

I just wanted to start off with, thank you. There are countless things that you have done for my family, friends, and for myself that have made me realize how blessed I am truly am. God has blessed me with the best church family that I could have ever asked for. I just wanted to thank you for teaching me all of these years. We are at about 17 years and counting. 17 of the most wonderful years. Although they have been filled with differences and disputes, you have taught me not only about the Bible, but also how to be the best me that I could ever be.

Thank you for teaching me to find myself in Christ. I’m sorry for once being that annoying, high energetic middle school student who would never shut up. Thank you so much for being patient with me. But most importantly, thank you for having a youth group that served Christ while teaching the younger students. I don’t know where I would be without them. Not only did I grow with them each week at Bible studies, but going on retreats and mission trips helped us grow tremendously, as well. The broken A/C in the van, gallons of coffee, and fellowship with one another was what made all of the students bond in more ways than one way. “Embracing the Suck” and midnight worships made us the most vulnerable and yet brought us so close together. I wouldn’t trade the memories made with them at church for anything.

For each Sunday morning, thank you for convicting us. By “us” I mean the youth, the elderly, the young adults. We all have felt convicted at many points while listening to a sermon and even after it gets over. Also, thank you for keeping us accountable. It is so easy to get caught up in this world and take part in what is going on. To have people that can convince you to come back and not make a bad decisions, is truly a blessing.

Thank you for bringing my family closer together in Christ, as well. To the church members who planned the meal train when my mom was in recovery, to the members who started up Bible Studies bringing my parents closer to Christ, and to those who always asked how we were doing...thank you! You all are the most caring, compassionate, God-fearing people I know and I love calling you family.

You all have lead me through life by finding wonderful friends that have turned into my family. You have also showed me what to look for in a godly man, who will become my husband some day. You have also allowed me to find a mentor that has guided me through this crazy life and someone that I can always go to for advice when I need it. I have grown in my faith and have found a home within the church body. You have let me use what you taught me, to teach the younger generation in the church. Thank you for everything back then and for what is to come.

Sincerely,

The Girl Who Grew Up in Church