Dear Best Friend, I Hate Your Stinkin' Guts

I hate you, but I love you so much.

687
Samantha Wolf

Dear Best Friend,

I hate you so much because you don't always see your worth.

You are worth more than you will ever know. You are absolutely irreplaceable. Beyonce was not singing about you baby girl, you are so amazing. God created you exactly as you are meant to be, perfectly imperfect. Don't ever let anyone take away your shine and make you feel valueless...I might just have to fight them.

I hate you because you are way too humble.

Being humble is one of the best qualities to have. You don't hog the spotlight, but you never really put yourself into it either. You have some outstanding achievements and some huge goals! Don't be afraid to brag a little, you deserve so much more credit than you let yourself have. Enjoy your successes, I am so proud of you!

I hate you so stinking much because you don't see the beauty in yourself.

This falls in line with knowing your worth, but when you look in the mirror and see "the freshman 15" or anything but a size 2 and think so little of your appearance I just wish I was there always to shake some damn sense into you. You are such a beautiful person, inside and out. You can turn heads, you are naturally pretty and I just wish you could see yourself the way the world does. You would swipe right on your own Tinder if you did! You are beautiful, stop telling yourself you aren't. Don't try to change your appearance for anyone but yourself.

I hate that you settle for less than what you deserve.

You are improving so much in this category here lately SO MUCH *wink wink*. But, in general, if a boy doesn't treat you with the same respect your dad does, kick them to the curb from the beginning. Don't let them hang around for a year, make you feel less than how wonderful you truly are. *cough cough*. If a boy ever makes you feel insecure about anything -- YOU DON'T NEED THEM. They are not worth your valuable time and effort, they don't deserve you.

I hate that you have bad days, like cut it out.

I really do hate when you have had a bad day. I don't hate it because you tell me all about it, I mean, that's just another excuse to go get some Chik-fil-A and vent about all our problems and that's perfectly ok -- actually, welcomed. But I hate it because if you've had a bad day, most of the time it can be blamed to one of the things I hate about you above. I always hope you have a great day and I always look forward to hearing about what you accomplish in them.

I HATE YOU SO MUCH, but I absolutely love you more than anything. I love that you're my best friend. I love that you love me for who I am. I love that you are such a kind, good-hearted person, you make me a better person. I love that you just get me. Friendships like ours can be few and far between and I am so thankful to have a wonderful person like you in my life.

Never forget your worth, never forget to enjoy your successes in life -- you've earned them, never forget how beautiful you truly are (inside and out), never settle for less than what you deserve, and please never stop being my best friend.