Dear Americans, Time To Toughen Up

Dear Americans, Time To Toughen Up

You may be entitled to your opinion but you are not entitled to a life without hardships.

54
Dear Americans, Time To Toughen Up
News Target

Dear society, you are not entitled to anything.

At some point within the last couple years, a vast majority of our society came under the impression that when things don’t go their way, they need to complain and riot until they get their way. What happened to working hard for what you want in life? What happened to having to go through hard times? When our society is put through tough times, we complain and insist on change like four-year-olds instead of coming to the realization that things do not always go our way.

We are not entitled to anything that we do not earn. This is a strong belief of mine, but many politicians believe differently. These politicians make a point to focus on helping the lower class. There are some situations when people deserve help, but, in many situations, what these politicians are doing is giving these lower class citizens reasons to not work hard. Why would they work hard to earn their way up when they can get handouts from the government?

So what do these lower class Americans do? Now they are trying to fight for a higher minimum wage. What happened to the America that existed during the industrial ages, when people had to work hard to earn their living? What happened to having to struggle during hard times? Instead of struggling, these Americans think they are entitled to more.

Growing up, my parents taught me to work hard. They taught me that I am entitled to nothing but the things I earn from working hard. I wonder if some of the people out on the streets, protesting and fighting for things they didn’t earn and complaining about things that they cannot control, learned the same morals I learned growing up.

Whether you support Donald Trump or not, I think we can all agree that ANYONE who tries to be in office has to work hard to be considered as a candidate, let alone win the election. So to all the people rioting in the streets, I get it. Your candidate didn’t win. What I don’t get is how that correlates to protesting and rioting. This has happened to MILLIONS of Americans. Take for example the past 56 presidential elections, when the last 44 presidents won. The difference is citizens then dealt with the loss without rioting in the streets like four-year-olds that didn’t get their way. They knew hard times were coming, but they dealt with it like adults because, unlike you, they were not scared to see what was coming. They took on the hardship without trying to find a way out.

All I can hope for is that one day, our society will come to the realization that when things do not go their way, there are other options besides protesting, rioting, and complaining all over social media. Life will not always go your way, so when it does not, deal with the hard times. You are not entitled to a life with no obstacles. If you didn’t work hard to get it, you probably do not deserve it, and you are out of your league complaining about not having it.

This is America, home of the free because of the brave, not home of the fearful because of reality.