To All The Education Majors Out There

To All The Education Majors Out There

Keep going.

32
To All The Education Majors Out There

We all have choices in life. You chose to become a teacher. And to that, I say keep going.

Dear Education Majors,

By choosing to become a teacher, you are choosing a lifetime of belittlement. No one understands all the work, time, and pure dedication that it takes to not only study to become a teacher but to actually be a teacher. Those who don't have what it takes will belittle you for your decision to one day be a child's mentor and hero.

By choosing to become a teacher, you are choosing a lifetime of people pitying you. No one understands all the sacrifices that go into living and providing for your classroom and your family on a teacher's salary. Those who care about money too much will pity you for choosing to accept a teacher's salary as your primary means of income.

By choosing to become a teacher, you are choosing a lifetime of people questioning your decision. No one understands how bad it hurts when people come up to you and tell you that you squandered your talents by choosing to become a teacher. Those who feel insecure about themselves and their life choices will question your life's decision to make a positive difference in your student's lives.

BUT, by choosing to become a teacher, you are choosing a lifetime of rewarding work, a lifetime of learning, a lifetime of service to your community, and a lifetime of opportunities to change peoples' lives. And to that, I say keep going.