7 Ways To Make Long Distance Work With Your BFFs

Long distance is hard--especially when all your closest friends are miles away.

71

For most college students, it's the dead middle of summer even though it's only the middle of June. We've been out of school for a little over a month and still have about one and a half months left of summer. It feels like forever ago since the semester ended and since we saw all our friends. We're all itching to get back to school and create amazing memories with the best people at the best place ever. Until then, the months will drag on. All we want to do is be with our friends because we miss them.

Well, here are 10 ways to feel like your bff is by your side all summer:

1. Text everyday. 

Although extremely obvious, some people don't do this! That's OK because a lot of relationships will pick up where you left them, but when you're feeling lonely and need your daily dosage of your bestie, texting is the best thing to do.

2. Tag them in videos or memes. 

Every time I go on Facebook, I see funny videos or pictures that instantly remind me of my friends so I tag them in it. It shows I'm still thinking of them even at the oddest times.

3. FaceTime them! 

Have you ever wanted to go to the beach with your bestie who lives in Chicago, but you're from Pennsylvania? FaceTime them while you're at the beach! It'll be like you're right there with them enjoying the sun and the waves.

4. Share a playlist. 

I am a huge playlist girl and am always creating them for occasions or just to have. My friends and I connect over the different playlists and music that we create. It gets us excited for when we eventually end up being together and jamming out to our favorite songs. We can be listening to the same stuff miles away no matter what.

5. Go through old pictures. 

I always look through my photos when I am bored to rekindle memories from the previous year. Sometimes I'll even send them to my friends and we reminisce on the good times we had and start getting excited about the future.

6. Watch your favorite TV shows. 

My friend group and I all watch "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette." This gives us topics to talk about constantly while we are away from each other, and we can bond over stuff. We're watching something we love with the people we love despite the distance.

7. Plan trips. 

My friends and I have already planned a trip in July to see each other back at school for a festival. It may act as a little teaser before school really starts, but it will be enough to hold us over until then. It is always good to see your best friends whenever you can all make it work.

Distance is just a number, and you will see your best friends soon! Don't forget to let them know how much you love and appreciate them the next time you get together!