5 Ways To De-Stress During Finals Week

5 Ways To De-Stress During Finals Week

During final weeks, the last thing you want to do is forget about your well-being.
40

The most dreaded week of the year is quickly approaching and you may be looking for a few ways to de-stress yourself during finals. While working diligently to ensure your best grade in each course, you must not forget to take care of yourself. If you are taken care of first, then you will be able to perform your best on your tests. Here are five ways that I destress myself during finals week.

1. Take 30 minutes a day to reflect on yourself.

Just thirty minutes each day to reflect on yourself can go a long way. Whether it be scrolling through your Instagram feed, reading a book, painting your fingernails – I promise that you can spare thirty minutes of your time to take care of yourself and forget about your tests. Following this 30-minute time period, you will feel refreshed and ready to continue studying!

2. Treat yo self.

One time, many years ago, I overheard my mother telling one of her friends, “No one will take care of yourself like you do,” I have found this statement to be true more than ever, over the past few years. Make an appointment to get your nails done one afternoon, have lunch at your favorite restaurant, or maybe even fill your Amazon Prime cart full for a purchase after your last exam! The common quote “Treat Yo Self” is one of my favorites, and there is no better time than the present!!

3. Go for a walk.

Luckily, living in Downtown Charleston I have become more grateful for the time it takes to take a pleasant walk. Enjoy nature, walk down to your favorite park and relax. If you catch yourself feeling worried about finals, take your study materials with you. There is absolutely nothing wrong with changing your setting. Who knows, you may seem to get better results!

4. Spend time with your friends.

Although everyone around you is filled with anxiety over finals, you can never go wrong with a coffee date with your friends. Take an hour, hang out with your friends, chat with them. They will feel better talking to those who mean the most, and it is so nice to know that someone has your back when your professor failed to give you study tips!

5. Watch your favorite T.V. show.

Netflix, Live P.D, Dancing with the Stars, you name it – take time out of your schedule to watch your favorite television shows. Believe it or not, YOU need a brain break, too! Following the completion of the program, you can get back to studying, no worries!!

It is essential to take care of yourself during a time of crucial need such as finals. You will get burned out on the endless notes and textbooks finds, leading to frustration. Feeling defeated during finals is no fun so do your best, take care of yourself and the rest will take care of itself!