A Day In The Life Of A Camp Counselor

A Day In The Life Of A Camp Counselor

Being a camp counselor is definitely not easy, but it's the most rewarding summer job.

42
Tumblr

In my opinion, camp counselors are the absolute backbone for children's summer experience at any day or sleep away camp. If you've ever been a camp counselor, you know some of these things to be true each and every day.

Here's the reality of being a camp counselor for the summer:

1. Having to always be happy and peppy around campers even when you're in the worst mood ever.

2. Relying on a large ice coffee to help you during your 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. day.

3. You begin to feel sorry for everyone you gave a hard time with when you were younger.

4. You'll spend more time taking kids to the bathroom then at the activity you're doing.

5. Having to say everything in a high-pitched, excited and goofy way.

6. You've got your counselor strut down perfectly.

7. Your patience and sanity are constantly tested each day.

8. T-shirt and shorts tan lines all summer.

9. The other camp counselors are the only ones who understand your struggles and always there to relieve some stress.

10. At the end of the summer, you'll miss the little campers you had when it comes time to say goodbye.