David Arnold Quotes

5 Thought-Provoking Quotes From David Arnold's Books

"We are all part of the same story, each of us different chapters. We may not have the power to choose setting or plot, but we can choose what kind of character we want to be."

22
@roofbeam (Twitter)

I read a lot of books, and the vast majority of those books happen to be Young Adult novels. However, many of the YA books I read are often quite cliche, predictable, and feel overdone. For the past two years, I've been on a tireless search for some solid YA authors with thought-provoking, original stories. One of the gems I have discovered along my journey is David Arnold. I've read all three of his novels, and his work never ceases to amaze me. His stories are thoughtful, heartwarming, and beautifully written. While reading his books, I'm always sure to take note of quotes that intrigue me. Because I feel that David Arnold deserves more recognition and praise, I thought I'd do my small part by sharing some of my all-time favorite quotes from his books.

1. On Romanticization

"I romanticize my past and I romanticize my future. Right now is always the bleakest moment of my life." - The Strange Fascinations of Noah Hypnotik

2. On Music

"Music was more than subjective; it was erratic. It was the ship on the horizon that one sailor saw, the other sailor didn't." - Kids Of Appetite

3. On Love:

"You spend you life roaming the hillsides, scouring the four corners of the earth, searching desperately for just one persons to fucking get you. And I'm thinking, if you can find that, you've found home." - Mosquitoland

4. On Life:

"We are all part of the same story, each of us different chapters. We may not have the power to choose setting or plot, but we can choose what kind of character we want to be." - Kids of Appetite

5. On Flaws:

"...and I tell her she can still love this flawed thing. I tell her it will be a different love, a little sadder maybe, but wiser, too. I tell her that if we can't love flawed things, we probably wouldn't love anything at all." - The Strange Fascinations of Noah Hypnotik

These are only five of my favorite quotes, but there are plenty more poetic slivers of wisdom to be discovered between the pages of David Arnold's three existing novels. If these excerpts intrigue you, I wholeheartedly recommend that you give Arnold's books a try. Trust me, you won't regret it!