You Can Call Me Old Fashioned, But I'd Rather Date To Marry Than Just "Talk" And Hook Up

A lost art that very few people still use.

58

Our grandparents' and great grandparents' love all worked out, so why do we have this new style of dating that doesn't work?

I'm not saying all relationships in today's generation don't work, but so many people want the weddings, not the marriage. They don't want to put forth the effort to keep a relationship going.

What happened to picking someone up at their door step, bringing someone flowers and actually going on dates? So many people in this generation are so focused on bringing someone straight to the bedroom to "Netflix and chill." People aren't even going out on dates anymore, and most of the guys, lack respect and the ability to be gentleman-like to the women.

Relationships are weird these days.

People assume because he liked your Instagram picture he likes you. People wait to reply to a guy's Snapchat to see if he will notice, and people stress over what to snap back/what emoji to send next. I wholeheartedly believe in-person conversations are better than text conversations, and I believe compliments are better in person, rather than liking a picture.

Picture a guy actually walking up to knock at the door to say he's here, rather than using his cell phone to say he's on the street waiting. Going out dancing was always classy, there was never twerking and grinding like people do now. Guys actually wore buckles to keep their pants up, and now guys wear buckles for decor, while their pants are sagging to their knees.

Every relationship these days is so public because everybody posts everything on social media. Nobody actually stays faithful, and there is always a "better option" in the picture. Both guys and girls cheat to try to find something better... everything is backwards these days.

Open the doors, even though your date is completely capable of opening the door herself, it's a simple gesture. Dress to impress, you don't need to go out in your shortest shorts or your lowest shirt, be presentable and confident. Stop playing games... manipulating a person to think you're busy so you never call back, does NOT make you fall in love.

Stop rushing to be so intimate with one another. Stop having arguments over text, have your discussions face to face and if you actually like them, TELL THEM, stop beating around the bush.

What happened to actually meeting the parents prior to going out? What happened to the ma'am and sir's? What happened to liking someone for their personality and not just their looks? What happened to saying, "I Love You" in person, rather than on a screen? What happened to getting to know a person face to face?

In all reality, that's not how the generation is, but I won't settle for anything less than someone who shows the simple gestures and the mutual respect.