7 Date Ideas For A Summer In New York

7 Date Ideas For A Summer In New York

Enough with "Netflix and Chill"; here are some date ideas to spruce up your summer.

20
7 Date Ideas For A Summer In New York

I get it. Binge watching Friends cuddled on the couch with your S.O. sounds great. But it's not a memorable experience, and it's certainly not seasonal. You won't ever look back on this summer and think, "Wow, that day we watched two seasons of Gilmore Girls was so special." Rather, embrace this time of sunshine to get off the couch and get in your car; it's adventure time.

1. Get an outdoor pool pass

Many ~trendy~ city hotels have started to offer a daily pool pass for non-guests to attend their posh pools. If you'd rather not brave the drive to the beach, hop on the train (not that the LIRR has been ideal lately) and take the subway to SoHo where many of these hotels are located. Daily pool passes can range from $40-$150.

2. Shakespeare in the Park

Every summer, the "Shakespeare in the Park" theater company picks one one Shakespeare's plays to perform at the Delacorte Theater in Central Park. This summer the play will be A Midsummer's Night Dream, which is one of Shakespeare's lighter and wittier plays. Tickets are typically free, but if you want to avoid all the lines, there are tickets available for purchase.

3. Music Festivals

There's no better place for music in the summer than New York. Whether you like to put on cowboy boots for a Zac Brown Band concert, or sweatpants for Ed Sheeran, there's an abundance of talent coming to New York to perform every summer. Other than solo performances, there are a variety of music festivals that come to the city every summer, including Governer's Ball and Electric Zoo.

4. North Fork Wineries

**Disclaimer: While I have personally never been wine tasting, my parents say it's a lot of fun, and the North Fork is the place to go.**

Just a tad north of the Hamptons is the North Fork, which is home to small towns like Jamesport, Greenport, and Mattituck. While its geographically lies to the Hamptons, the North Fork is more laid-back, plain, and well concealed. The main road is enclosed by vineyards on all sides making this area conducive for travel. Check them out!

(Macri Vineyard in Mattituck, NY)

5. Smorgasburg

For those of you that are major foodies (like me and my boyfriend), this is the place to be every Sunday at Prospect Park. With over 100 different vendors for beverages, food, and dessert, you definitely will not leave with your pants buttoned.

6. Bryant Park Film Festival

One of the city's annual events is the Bryant Park Film Festival. The event starts out with a massive lawn rush to secure a great spot for the show. Since the feature films don't actually begin until sunset, film goers are treated with old Warner Brother's cartoons or live entertainment. You really can't go wrong. I'll be at the July 24th showing of "Pillow Talk" if anyone wants to join!

Check out last year's Lawn Rush here.

7. The U.S Open

Nothing like some crisp tennis whites, and $6 Evian water to conclude the summer. Even if you're not a tennis fan, there's something to be said for just getting dressed up in cute preppy clothing and taking the LIRR straight to Willet's Point. On the other hand, if you're more interested in the actual tennis, the best way to beat the crowds and inflated pricers is to go the week before the games begin to the qualifying rounds. Honestly though, how many times can we really see Federer and the Williams sisters win?