Danielle Bradbery I Don't Believe We've Met
Music

A Thank You Letter to Danielle Bradbery's 'I Don't Believe We've Met'

Things get "Messy" and I always ask, "What Are We Doing?" but "Hello Summer."

89

Hey, there.

If you're here, that means you're either a fan of Danielle Bradbery, you like country music, or maybe you just wanted to see what this article is about. Let's get straight to the point though.

On December 1, 2017, Bradbery dropped her album. On December 3, 2017, I realized that the boy who I could picture an eternity with dropped my heart; straight down the drain.

I liked some of Bradbery's previous music and even the songs that she had pre-released off this album I was listening to already. In my heartbroken state, I turned to what I know and trust: music. I like to start the albums from the first song and listen all the way through without shuffling and skipping, so that's what I did.

1. "Sway"

This song reminded me that I wasn't the only person in the world to have a broken heart and it also taught me that it is OK to need your friends and not be so uptight all the time. Thank you.

2. "Potential"

This song made me realized that, even though I still don't know why or how, I did love this boy. If he happens to be reading this, sorry, I know that probably scares you; but at this point, I don't really care. Yes, I was in love with this boy and still, after he hurt me, I was in love with what he could still be. Thank you.

3. "What Are We Doing"

This song, well, this song resonated with me the most. I was, and still am, so confused about how this boy could say these sweet things and be essentially perfect, then just ghost me with no explanation or anything. Then, one day, we talked. He said he wanted to work things out and, because I am a young, naive girl, I let him back in. All for him just to break my heart again and that is when this song hit me hard. Thank you.

4. "Worth It"

Ah, yes. Now that a couple months have passed and I fully look at the situation, I channel this song every time I think about what I could've done better or not done at all. It reminds me that I had done nothing wrong. I did everything right, that I could, and it still wasn't enough. For the next one, I will not question my worth. Thank you.

5. "Can't Stay Mad"

After he ghosted me and I let him back in, as you know, this was my ANTHEM. Now I realize, that it shouldn't been. (LOL). Thank you.

6. "Messy"

When people ask me to explain what happened, this is what I answer with. There is no other way to explain it. This, not so ironically, is also how my heart feels to this day. Thank you.

7. "Red Wine + White Couch"

"Loving you is like drinking red wine on a white couch." Dangerous and, inevitably, going to end up in utters of curse words and crying because you ruined something so pure and beautiful. Thank you.

8. "Hello Summer"

Said boy came to visit me at college. Said boy also had out of state tags. Said boy, I fell in love with before he packed his bags. Sound familiar? I thought so. Goodbye to my heart is what happened after said boy. Thank you.

9. "Human Diary"

This boy has moved on and even told another girl that he loved her. Like I love him. I confided in him. I trusted him. "Now my secrets are in another girl's bed." Man, if that ain't true... Thank you.

10. "Laying Low"

This song describes my life for the past seven months, following this boy. I want to lay low, all the time. Sometimes not in the same ways that Bradbery does in this song, but sometimes exactly the same. Thank you.

I still have this entire album saved. I still listen to it every day. It still reminds me of him, but it reminds me, too, that I'm still getting through this; that I can do this if I've already done it this long.

Thank you, Danielle Bradbery, for getting me through one of the lowest points of my life.