Who Will Be The Heavyweight King?

The Superfight: Will Stipe Still Be King?

Can D.C. Become The Heavyweight Champ?

61
Youtube.com

On July 7th, in Paradise, Nevada the coaches for TUF: Undefeated, the current Light-Heavyweight Champion Daniel "D.C." Cormier will move up to Heavyweight to challenge the current Heavyweight Champion Stipe Miocic for the thrown. In the first big Superfight of the year, Daniel Cormier has the chance to also become a 2-division Champion at UFC 226.

A lot of questions were raised when this fight was announced earlier this year. Questions like what about the rest of the Light-heavyweight Division? like what about Alexander Gustafsson and his match with D.C.?

Either way, the fight will still go down regardless of the questions us speculators ask. The last time we saw Stipe was when he successfully defended his heavyweight crown against the #1 ranked heavyweight in the division Francis Ngannou in a fight that lasted all 5 rounds. Though Stipe was caught a few times by one of the deadliest knockout artists in the UFC, he dominated Ngannou with his wrestling and ground game.

After that title defense, Stipe became the first person in UFC history to successfully defend the heavyweight title 3 times and broke the record for most consecutive title defenses. His striking has been unmatched in the heavyweight division since he won the belt. It will be very interesting to see if Miocic can match the wresting capabilities of the very dominant D.C. in their upcoming bout.

Stipe has been able to outwrestle opponents in the past but there is no telling if he will be able to outwrestle the former Heavyweight Strikeforce Grand Prix Champion, Daniel Cormier. If Stipe can successfully defeat Daniel Cormier on July 7th he will very much so be looked at as the Greatest Heavyweight in UFC History.

Light-heavyweight Champ D.C. looks to also become a 2-division Champion in the UFC among the list of names like Conor McGregor, George St-Pierre, BJ Penn, and Randy Couture in the UFC.

D.C. was also on the same card as Miocic vs Ngannou as he was in the co-main event against Volkan Oezdemir where he dominated Volkan on the ground and eventually got the TKO victory in the 2nd round after a brutal barrage of ground and pound. He was awarded the fight of the night and successfully defended his title since being reinstated the champion.

Though Daniel Cormier lost to former champion Jon Jones the decision was overturned after Jon Bones Jones tested positive after the bout for Turinabol. Which was suspected to be the result of a tainted supplement?

It is very very exciting as this super fight is right around the corner. Everyone wants to know if D.C. will be able to dominate the heavyweight champ Stipe like he has every other fighter that has stepped in front of him. If he gets Stipe to the ground will be able to keep him there?

As speculations continue to fly in every direction, we have to put our seatbelts on as the co-main event is just as epic as "T-City" Brian Ortega faces Max "Blessed" Holloway for the Featherweight Championship amongst a monster card. It is going to be a very good night for the Mix Martial Arts world.